Security Risk Consultant III
Security Risk Consultant III
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Yes, 5 % of the Time
M-F, 8am to 5pm, with flexibility
Tier II - Credit Check
About the Role:
Information Security Risk Consultant - IT Risk Management professional with experience in NIST 800-53 for risk monitoring, analysis and ongoing assurance activities. Organize the District's understanding and compliance with the Federal Reserve System information security policies and related System, District and industry best practices. Involve a mixture of project work and operational services, providing a level of consulting and expertise to IT and business customers. Focus on security risk management and consulting
- Engage with departments to understand business mission and the technology that supports the mission.
- Provide vision and expertise-based consulting on security risk management strategies with the department mission. Consult with departments to identify and assess security risk, prioritize and interpret security controls and advise on risk mitigation and acceptance.
- Develop/manage relationships with departments to serve as a ready expert in information risk to help protect information processed or transmitted.
- Support one or more specialized domains of security risk management which may include:
- Security risk management, consulting and monitoring
- Security Analysis
- Blue Team risk validation
- Security assessment activities
- Lead projects typically involving multiple disciplines and may affect multiple departments.
- Participate on District and System teams furthering information security goals and programs.
- Be a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff
- Can perform complex security control interpretation.
- 2 or more years of practical experience in IT consulting or in the field of information security or IT risk and compliance.
- Experience applying information security concepts to the assessment of business and technology components using NIST 800-53 or other, similar security control frameworks.
- The ability to evaluate security risk, to include identifying exposures, likelihood, consequence and mitigating controls.
- Communicate with all kinds of audiences at multiple levels.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
Why the Dallas Fed?
We are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a healthy financial system and economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we're creating a workplace where people can excel, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a 100% funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more...
This position may be filled at multiple levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to U.S. citizens.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation because of a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.