Security Specialist II - FCDC
Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Security Specialist II to serve as the Personnel Security Adjudication Specialist. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance.
- Manage the Position Description (PD) database containing all agency positions
- Adjudicate government background investigations for Employment Suitability decisions for Low, Medium, and High Risk positions, along with recommending approval or denial of Secret and Top Secret security clearances.
- Identify PDs and/or Employee/Contractor positions without Risk Designation assessments and complete those assessments.
- Assist the security office in identification, completion, and distribution of appropriate investigative forms.
- Assist with the adjudication of government background investigations for employment/contract suitability decisions for Low, Medium, and High-Risk positions.
- Review returned security forms for accuracy with necessary follow-up for corrections/clarifications/additions and/or contacting individuals who have not returned their security forms in a timely manner.
- Fingerprinting individuals as necessary.
- Handle telephone inquiries from subjects of investigations and/or investigative agencies and dealing with other telephone inquiries as necessary.
- Conduct preliminary review of security investigation materials, as directed.
- Process the agency's parking garage after-hours parking permits under established procedures
- Handle customer walk-ins and telephone inquiries regarding security issues.
- Lock/Unlock doors as necessary.
- Handle and process classified and sensitive unclassified documents, to include inventory, accountability, dissemination, and destruction.
- Perform additional security duties as required to meet the security office operational needs, including, but not limited to attending meetings, providing information to internal and external requests, conducting security-related research, and information gathering and exchange via telephone, internet, and mail.
Experience: The individual must have a minimum of four years' experience in the area of personnel security with emphasis on personnel security adjudication.
Skills: The individual must have a demonstrated and working knowledge of current security policy and procedures. The individual must be proficient in the MS suite of office and automation software (Word, Access, and Excel). The individual must have demonstrated interpersonal communications skills and customer service experience and must be able to perform general administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship;
- At least 21 years of age;
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent;
- Top Secret Clearance is Required
- Read, speak and understand English language fluently;
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports and fill out forms;
- A minimum of five years' experience in the area of personnel security with emphasis on personnel security and specific experience in the areas of Risk Designation and Position Sensitivity Classification;
- Understanding the background investigations process is favorable.
- Ability to learn quickly and work autonomously.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Successfully pass all required training;
- The individual must have a demonstrated and thorough working knowledge of current security policy and procedures.
- The individual must be proficient in the MS suite of office automation software (Word, Access, and Excel);
- Proficiency with PC and networked environments.
- Must be organized, reliable, and dependable and manage multiple concurrent tasks throughout the day.
- Successful pass criminal, credit, and driving record checks;
- Must meet client suitability.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.
No travel required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.