SEND Teaching Assistant - Lambeth - September 2020/ASAP
Reception SEND TA - September 2020 - Lambeth
**Interviewing & Hiring now**
Empowering Learning are working closely with a primary school in Lambeth, who are looking for an experienced Recpetion SEND TA of support staff for September or sooner.
- ** Recpetion SEND TA
- ** Recpetion SEND Teaching Assistant
- ** Recpetion SEND LSA
- ** Recpetion SEND Learning Support Assistant
- ** SEND TA
- ** SEND Teaching Assitant
- ** September 2020 / ASAP
- ** Inner London (Lambeth)
- ** Excellent rates of pay and CPD opportunities
- ** Central London
- ** Great transport links
- Good GCSEs in English and Maths as a minimum.
- Experience supporting children with SEND.
- Experience facilitating and delivering small group sessions and 1:1 sessions.
- The ability/willing to support and/or deliver a variety of subjects.
- Strong and consistent classroom and behaviour management skills and the ability to work with challenging pupils with a wide range of emotional- and attachment-needs.
- Emotional resilience and be motivated by challenge.
- The desire to progress professionally within a nationally expanding child focused service.
- The desire to be engaged in all aspects of school life from the academic to the pastoral.
- A passion to make a real difference to the education and lives of young people.
- A drive to facilitate progress and growth though the building and modelling of positive and supportive relationships.
- The ability to be reflective, dynamic and creative in their practice and a willing to work within the schools values and ethos
- Support pupils in accessing learning activities as directed by the teacher
- Ensure the maintenance of a clean and orderly working environment
- Timely and accurate preparation of routine equipment, resources and materials as set out in instructions
- Undertake basic record keeping as directed
- Assist the teacher with learning activities ensuring health and safety and good behaviour of pupils
- Provide basic clerical and administrative support e.g. typing, photocopying, printing, display, collection and recording of money etc
- Monitor and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies
- Maintenance of every day equipment, check for quality and safety
- Undertake simple repairs and report other damages
- Operation of every day equipment in accordance with instructions
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times e.g. clubs, extracurricular activities
- The Children Act 2004 and Working Together in relation to child protection and safeguarding children and young people as this applies to the worker's role within the organisation
- To also be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable adults in relation to the worker's role
- To ensure that the worker's line manager is made aware and kept fully informed of any concerns which the worker may have in relation to safeguarding and/or child protection
The successful candidate will have a passion for teaching and inspiring learning to boost attainment, and ensure all childrens schools experience is a positive and good one, this role will be starting starting September 2020 or sooner if possible.
You must have:
- NVQ Level 1 or equivalent qualification or experience
- Experience supporting primary pupils on a 121 basis
- Experience of SEN support work
- Good numeracy and literacy skill
- Participate in development and training opportunities
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- An understanding of the schools equal opportunities policy and how it is implemented
- 'Good' Ofsted Primary School in Lambeth
- 1 form entry School
- Supportive and inclusive Team
- The school is at the heart of the local community
The successful candidate must be able to work in partnership with the class teacher to be able to focus on different areas of learning.
We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee and you will benefit from your own dedicated EL consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance along the full recruitment process.
We offer £150 referral bonus for each person that you may refer to us when they work 20 days or more. (Teachers, TA's, LSA's, SLT, Office Support; Admin, PA, Reception, Finance Officer) etc.
If any of the above roles would be of interest to you - please send your updated CV and personal statement to Today or call me on .
If you're not contacted within 48 hours, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don't be disheartened if you have not heard back - you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
We look forward to hearing from you!
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.