Senior Account Executive Media Relations / Public Affairs
*NOTE: This position will be primarily based in Northwest Florida.
kglobal, a full-service communications firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., is looking for a media-savvy Senior Account Executive to support our public affairs, commercial, and nonprofit clients. This involves engaging with members of news media to shape coverage in line with our clients' communications goals. Tactically, that will regularly include pitching story angles, writing press releases, securing interviews, and more.
The ideal Senior Account Executive on our team is a creative, idea-generating machine that can proactively identify opportunities to use these tactics amidst the regular news cycle. This person will also interact directly with our clients on a regular basis, and must be poised and professional. Lastly, the ideal Senior Account Executive will not be averse to travel at least one week a month in order to support our client needs.
Who You Are:
Communications professional with at least 3-5 years of experience
pitching or working within the media, including online, print, radio, and particularly TV.
Friendly and comfortable in a client-facing role:
you will work closely with the client, often on-site at their location, and will be the day-to-day face of our company to them.
Willing to travel:
you will travel at least one week each month between Northwest Florida and our Washington, D.C. headquarters.
you proactively do what it takes to get the job done and take initiative.
you ask questions and dig a little deeper for our clients.
you chip in when your team needs help and willingly complete tasks not necessarily stated in your job description.
changes in plans or last-minute requests don't set you back - you adjust and keep going.
What You'll Do:
- Interact directly with our clients, often face-to-face, and serve as our regular point of contact to make sure the work gets done.
- Tactically execute key project functions as described above with minimal daily oversight, while also working with junior members of the team to keep things on track.
- Communicate closely with kglobal leadership and senior members of client teams to craft public relations/public affairs strategies.
- Constantly bring creative new ideas to the table to help clients break through the clutter and reach their target audiences.
- Add value to kglobal business development efforts through RFP responses and pitch meetings.
kglobal Perks + Benefits:
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance Plans
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off + Vacation Policy
- Business Laptop
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
If interested, send your resume and cover letter to
. Please cite any specific examples of your published writing or past media opportunities.
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.