Senior Analyst - Manager (R&D Tax, Sydney)
- 6th largest network of independent audit, tax and consulting firms
- Encompassing over 120 countries, 810 offices and more than 43,000 people internationally.
- Offering personalised services with in-depth expertise and resources in the accountancy, business consulting and risk management areas.
RSM's growing National R&D Tax Services team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join its group of R&D tax specialists in Sydney.
We are also open to those of different experience levels ranging from Senior Analyst to Senior Manager (depending on experience and expertise) as it is important to us that you are the right fit for our close team!
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Work autonomously through the end-to-end R&D Tax compliance cycle, including:
- Meetings and correspondence with clients;
- Collation of documentation;
- Drafting technical reports;
- Calculation of eligible R&D expenditure;
- Provide advice on positions adopted and legislative reasoning; and
- Management of the overall client relationship.
- Work as part of a team, including management of junior staff, on more complex assignments;
- Research a variety of legislation and regulations, including R&D Tax, general Tax and other related legislation such as the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and provide advice on technical and commercial application of legislation and government guidance materials;
- Ongoing consideration of the R&D Tax and general Tax compliance landscape and formulating risk mitigation and process improvement strategies;
- Management of a portfolio of clients, including all administrative and practice management tasks such as billing and cash collections;
- Mentoring of junior staff and knowledge collaboration across the National R&D Tax practice, through assisting with national training sessions and on the job training; and
- Attendance at networking events and building of internal and external networks to facilitate Business Development opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful application will demonstrate the below:
- Existing experience of at least 2 years in a similar role. Experience with AusIndustry and/or ATO reviews is highly desirable;
- Strong written communication skills (demonstrated experience in technical, scientific or legal writing is critical);
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. ability to assess law and provide well-reasoned arguments);
- Proficient data processing skills (Microsoft suite critical, ability to utilise other tools will be advantageous);
- Ability to work autonomously to complete client assignments end-to-end and as part of a team;
- Ability to learn and exhibit leadership skills, including practice management and people management;
- Strong business acumen and business maturity to manage a portfolio of client relationships in real time is desired;
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to simultaneously meet strict deadlines; and
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks (either as member of industry associations or through networking) is desired.
What's on Offer
Our firm provides number employee benefits and a great culture which promotes personal development. We offer a competitive opportunity for growth within a friendly and supportive team environment.
To apply please click on the "Apply" button below and complete our online application form.
RSM does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.