Senior Analyst, Quantitative Analysis,Strategy
Address:111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:Data Analytics & Reporting
The Quantitative Analysis and Strategy (QAS) team works closely with our partners within Corporate Treasury i.e. Structural Market Risk, Liquidity & Funding and Portfolio Management teams, and our Lines of Business partners across the bank. The team works to identify and quantify risks and opportunities through analyzing and modeling origination, utilization, prepayment behavior, pricing sensitivities, market size and revenue opportunities. The analysis and modeling work in the areas of mortgage, home equity, C&I and CRE loans, consumer & commercial deposits, various securities including MBS, ABS, Muni bonds, etc. are instrumental in pricing, valuation, interest rate risk measurement and hedging, balance sheet management and optimization strategies.
The Senior Analyst, Quantitative Analysis and Strategy in Corporate Treasury is ideal for one who wants to work on developing, enhancing, implementing and maintaining quantitative models and analytics suites. They would do so by using conventional econometric and machine learning techniques, for the purposes of asset liability and interest rate risk management, customer analytics, profitability, and stress testing under various macro-economic scenarios. This involves analyzing large account-level and transaction-level data, articulating the problem statement, and specifying the most appropriate quantitative solution.
Applies knowledge of advanced analytic algorithms and technologies (e.g. machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence) to deliver better predictions and/or intelligent automation that enables smarter, business decisions, improved customer experience, and drives productivity. Applies strong communication and story-telling skills to summarize statistical/algorithmic findings, draw business conclusions, and present actionable insight in a way that resonates with business/groups. Drives innovation through the development
of Data &AI products that can be leveraged across the organization and establishes best practices in in alignment with Data &AI governance frameworks of BMO.
- Develops analytical solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the
business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of analytical
- Works with stakeholders to identify the business requirements, understand distinct problems
and expected outcomes, and models and frames business scenarios which impact critical
business processes and/or decisions.
- Works with various data owners to discover and select available data from internal sources
and external vendors (e.g. lending system, payment system, external credit rating system, and
alternative data) to fulfill analytical needs.
- Applies scripting / programming skills to assemble various types of source data (unstructured,
semi-structured, and structured) into well-prepared datasets with multiple levels of
granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
- Develops agreed analytical solution by applying suitable statistical &machine learning
techniques (e.g., A/B testing, prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine
learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence) to test, verify, refine hypotheses.
- Summarizes statistical findings and draws conclusions, presents actionable business
recommendations. Presents findings &recommendations in a simple, clear way to drive action.
- Documents data flow, systems and processes in data collection to improve efficiency and
apply use cases.
- Performs experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses.
- Uses the appropriate algorithms to discover patterns.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Supports development of tools and delivers training for data analytics and AI.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related
field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Mathematical Finance, etc) desired.
- Knowledge of visualization techniques and concepts
- Knowledge of distributed computing and/or distributed databases.
- Experience with distributed computing language (e.g. Hive / Hadoop/ Spark) &cloud
technologies (e.g. AWS Sagemaker, AzureML).
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R, SAS, SPSS, Perl) and machine learning /deep learning algorithms/packages (e.g. XGBoost, H2O, SparkML). MATLAB, Access/VBA, Hadoop experience, desired.
- Experience in statistical analysis, data mining, and data cleansing / transformation. Experience with Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and Dodd-Frank Act Stress Testing (DFAST) model runs, desired.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal &written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration &team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.Posted 5 Days AgoFull timeR200007832 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.