Senior Apigee Platform Engineer
SR. APIGEE PLATFORM ENGINEER
*This is a permanent full time role*
* Lead the installation of Apigee on-prem in partnership with Architecture and the Cloud Engineering teams
* Design, build, maintain and support the Apigee infrastructure
* Lead the design and implementation of API Gateway solutions
* Lead and partner with other engineers on the team to ensure documentation is created and remain updated
* Lead Capacity Planning and Management activities to ensure that the Apigee platform will be able to handle additional transactions in the future
* Partner with Architecture to come up with the standard and best practices for the usage of Apigee as an enterprise product
* Lead analytical and consulting working sessions to solve technical problems faced by the application teams trying to onboard to Apigee and/or the CA API Gateway
* Lead DR (Disaster Recovery) exercises to ensure that the team are fully prepared in the event of a catastrophe
* Help troubleshoot and resolve production issues related to the Apigee platform and the CA API Gateway.
* Lead root cause analysis session to understand what causes particular issues in Production and come up with solutions that will prevent them from happening in the future
* 5 years of experience supporting Apigee as a Platform
* 4 Years of experiences with Ansible
* 5 Years of experience with Groovy scripts
* Basic understanding of Cassandra, Zookeeper, AWS and Python
* Strong troubleshooting skills in the API Management and Gateway space (Mainly Apigee).
* Apigee and/or CA API Gateway Knowledge - Infrastructure build and maintenance, Gateway setup, Oauth configuration
* Knowledge on Policy creation/Template development and operational support within Apigee and/or CA API Gateway.
* Basic knowledge of Cloud Architecture, Cloud Security; Cloud platforms (Ideally AWS)
* Infrastructure automation in AWS
* Good knowledge of Ansible
* Ability to write groovy scripts
* Strong understanding of UNIX operating systems and Shell Scripting
* Experience with CICD Tools (Jenkins, GitHub)
* Good understanding of REST API and JSON
* Knowledge of existing API Testing Tools (Postman, SoapUI, or any equivalent tools)
* Experience with high availability, load balancing and failover configurations with Apigee
* Experience in designing and implementing API platform for high traffic API solutions
* Ability to apply security, throttling, OAuth 2.0, TLS, certificates, KeyStore, and Trust store for the Apigee platform
* Experience with Apigee Management APIs and integration to the enterprise systems including Infrastructure & Application monitoring, Approval, Authorization and Authentication, Logging, and Continuous integration/Continuous Deploy (CI/CD), and Developer Portal, etc.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: (see below)
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.