Senior Business Analyst - ESG - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
The Investment (Technology) vertical has been established to provide IT change capability for all teams within M&G Plc that are on the investment value chain. The vertical has successfully delivered major transformation initiatives for M&G in the last 2 years including the delivery of Aladdin, and creating a digital platform (Azure and Apigee) using Agile methods. The primary objectives for the vertical are to:
- Build a function that can deliver change at the pace and scale required for an organisation undertaking sustained transformation
- Remove barriers between the business and our team, creating trust and fostering a culture of innovation
- Transform the method of delivery to an end-to-end capability where change is driven through multi-disciplined, business-led teams
You will be joining the Investment (Technology) team as a Senior Business Analyst in the Analysis Job Family; allocated to a multi-disciplinary squad aligned to ESG Capability.
The focus of this role will predominantly involve working with our research analysts, across asset classes. There is a need to identify process change and technology enablement opportunities in order to allow us to scale our ESG/Research capability globally.
Working with investment teams will be a fundamental part of this role, the stakeholders include research analysts, ESG analysts, portfolio managers and client directors.
You will be responsible for small to medium sized analysis work and lead larger and more complex initiatives.
You will be responsible for managing stakeholder relationships on behalf of the team. You will understand and analyse user and business needs and will typically create the link between current and future business models and the consequential business architecture. You will facilitate collaboration and communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs.
As a Senior Analyst you will support Lead Analysts in developing analyst competencies within the job-family by taking ownership of a workstream such as Training, Recruitment, Data, Standards & Best Practices etc.
The role may include line-management / coaching responsibilities.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate a background of working in Agile delivery teams with experience of different methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban etc. and tooling such as Jira and Confluence etc.
- Previous experience of working with Front Office users in Asset Management or wider Financial Services
- Understands investment process, portfolio construction, ESG screening and market data
- Evidence strong problem-solving skills by carefully weighing up options and involving appropriate individuals in making complex decisions collaboratively
- State the problem clearly, perform logical, structured and detailed analysis to capture a range of internal and external factors, and take into account any gaps between AS IS and TO BE processes
- Carry out effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative data and drive agreements for a desired future state addressing the business problems, end-user buy in and strategic enterprise objectives
- Be seen as highly competent and as a go-to person for using techniques to carry out analysis such as business process flows, wireframes, story maps etc. in order to translate user needs and articulate functional and non-functional requirements
- Be able to foresee, prevent and mitigate risks and issues with delivery, to take fresh views and avoid rigid thought patterns
- Check their assumptions, question people when unsure of matters, challenge high level solution assumptions and analyse data from a variety of sources, sifting key information from the trivial
- Identify and communicate requirements in and out of scope of the solution
- Create and present compelling business cases to justify the value of solutions and gain appropriate approval, funding and prioritisation
- Challenge the user in clearly articulating and prioritising requirements to design efficient solutions demonstrating business/customer benefit with minimal oversight
- Set the direction and help others to use the standards and tools (e.g. JIRA, VISIO, ProcessFlows, etc.)
- Model complex business processes and system workflows, using a suite of tools to map out the end to end processes and workflows
- Be comfortable with unfamiliarity and confident in facilitating meetings effectively to reach the desired outcome and integrate the needs of a number of different stakeholders to produce an overall solution
- Keep stakeholders informed of progress and issues, influence where appropriate, and be comfortable in explaining concepts to people with different levels of business & technical knowledge, varying style and content to suit the audience
- Provide estimates for analysis work, present and agree approach with senior stakeholders and Project Managers
- Prioritise and break down complex problems to small analysis tasks to help estimation and delivery
- Manage activities, deliverables and relationships with solution vendors and implementation partners to ensure solution quality and understanding of the business context
- Be able to know and clearly explain how the business requirements fit into the overall architecture in terms of business processes and system architecture
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of product and business strategy and lead large and/or complex analysis initiatives impacting one or more teams
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and use the deep technical and/or business knowledge to facilitate conferences within and outside of the firm
- Start becoming a guide in the Community by writing articles, blog posts and sharing ideas to help others implement best practices
- Proactively share best practice, appropriate methodology and standards to each assignment and be seen as a go-to person who effectively communicates technical and agile concepts to non-technical people
- Develop a good understanding of Agile frameworks, methodologies and tools and know how to apply them in their working environment
- Be highly competent in working with the Scrum team and promote collaboration to analyse and define high-level Epics and Stories to create a well-organised, value-driven Product backlog to provide the required business value
The role is ideally suited to someone who can:
- Inspire your team to deliver exceptional performance by helping them to connect the purpose of their work, beyond the impact to the bottom line
- Support my direct reports to make effective decisions, collaborate across silos, speak up and take personal accountability
- Be authentic, operate with integrity and encourage others to operate in a similar way
- Develop strong relationships, with my direct reports, understand them and their capabilities well, empower, stretch and support them to develop
- Encourage my team to solve business problems creatively and collaboratively and question the status quo
- Invite differing views and provide positive challenge to others
- Be curious and insightful about customer’s needs and support my team to adapt to the changing environment
- Help others to learn from their mistakes, do not wait for perfection before action, and drive continuous improvement personally and via my team
- Simplify complexity for my team and reduce unnecessary bureaucracy
- Prioritise people before process and recognise the needs and perspectives of customers and colleagues
- Cut through complex issues and get to the heart of problems
- Set clear priorities and expectations for others that guides them to deliver over the next year
- Use my judgement and expertise to make rigorous, yet decisive and bold decisions and ensure they are delivered
- Ensure my team operates in a customer focussed, commercial and efficient way and guide them to deliver against stretching targets
- Set the bar high for my team, provide timely feedback and hold myself and them to account
- Oversee operational delivery and ensure controls are followed
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.