Senior Casualty Claims Adjuster - Complex Claims
Location: New York, New York
Date Posted: 7/14/2020
Job Code: JR1909857
Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG Claims department. Claims at AIG are a combination of different functions, business divisions such as Life & Retirement and General Insurance, and Global Claims, which makes us unique at AIG. Our specialized functions are delivering on AIG's promise to our customers, our clients, our shareholders, and each other. Thanks to our global network of highly-skilled professionals, we can mobilize experts from around the world to provide reliable, responsive claims service wherever and whenever our clients need it.
- This position will ensure high-quality claim handling in the Casualty - Complex Claims Unit. Files handled by this unit include long-tail bodily injury and property damage exposures, claims arising under Coverage B of Primary/Excess CGL policies, as well as environmental and toxic tort claims. In addition to handling claims, this position will be a coverage resource for Casualty adjusters, managers and underwriters.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a "go-to" source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Primary function is to investigate, evaluate and resolve new and existing high-profile complex claims, including:
- Concussion/CTE sports injury claims
- Toxic product exposures (Talc, benzene)
- Opioid public nuisance litigation claims
- PFAS groundwater contamination
- First and Third party Environmental Property damage and bodily injury exposure.
- Manage, document and organize all claims/ cases assigned.
- Negotiate and resolve claims effectively and efficiently.
- Hire and manage defense and coverage counsel, and any other external resources.
- Create and provide status reports to claims management, actuarial, and underwriting.
- Review damages and damage assessments and provide independent analysis.
- Evaluate financial impact to AIG under various policy scenarios (e.g. primary; excess and primary coverage; excess coverage above self-insured retention, etc.);
- Engage directly with insurance brokers for high-value clients -communicate claim resolution strategies and complex coverage positions
- Utilize claims experience to assist underwriters in writing specific coverage to meet needs of high-profile clients.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
- Manage internal communications to senior management regarding high-profile events with noteworthy media coverage and high dollar values.
What we are looking for
- JD or Environmental degree required.
- 3 to 5 years experience in environmental or coverage-related insurance work, environmental or toxic tort litigation or environmental consulting.
- The ability to handle complex claims involving diverse coverage issues related to GL and Environmental policies.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, along with excellent communication, negotiation and investigation skills are required.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: AIG
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.