Senior Consultant, Operating Model Design and Value Creation, M&A Consulting, London
Are you passionate about Mergers & Acquisitions? Are you motivated to make a direct impact in an ambitious and growing team? The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Consulting Services (MACS) team is looking for driven, forward-thinking individuals to support the design and delivery of our client's inorganic Corporate Strategies. Specifically, we are looking for candidates with experience in M&A strategy or corporate strategy divisions of leading companies.
Our MACS offering combines leading acquisition and divestiture experience with deep industry and functional expertise. Our team prides itself on addressing the objectives of our clients' senior decision-makers, and we always seek to serve our clients holistically. Accordingly, in MACS we draw upon and work collaboratively with other parts of Deloitte - from areas as diverse as advisory, operations, technology, risk, corporate finance or tax - in order to deliver an unmatched client service capability.
Strategy, Analytics and M&AHow do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That's exactly what you'll help our clients to do. You'll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders - and use the most exciting new technologies available - to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Your roleOur M&A Operations Consulting team is looking for a M&A-focused Senior Consultant with experience in integration and separation operating model design. You will have an operations background and an understanding of how to optimise business models to create sustainable operational and commercial value in deal situations. You will act as the bridge between the upfront M&A strategy and executable operational plans pre and post transaction close to deliver business outcomes. If you are passionate about working with COO, CSO and CFO functions of FTSE 100 and equivalent organisations to share in the execution and transformation of the most iconic and complex deals, read on!
We bring a systematic and process led approach to our clients, utilising human-centered design, analytics and digital capabilities to help our clients solve the challenges they face today and design the future needs of their businesses. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, ranging from strategy to technology and including operations, programme leadership, organisational design and change expertise from across Deloitte.
Our approach is to work collaboratively with our clients to understand the forces that are driving transactional and transformational change, identify opportunities and develop solutions that are appropriate for the new organisation as a whole. This, coupled with our industry expertise, enables us to deliver meaningful and contextually relevant recommendations to our clients.
- Support clients on the future design of their combined or separated business to meet strategic and operational objectives, working into client stakeholders as a workstream or small-scale engagement lead
- Be able to develop and create hypotheses about how to create commercial and operational value through changes to their future operating models (e.g. customer, people, process, technology)
- Have an understanding of business functions (both front-end and back-end) and be able to articulate how they collectively interact and work together across the business
- Work closely with functional teams e.g. Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance and Supply Chain to ensure seamless integration/separation and business transformation in deal situations
- Support clients on the impact of Digital on their future combined or separated business, and how they can look to embrace emerging technologies and ways of working to improve customer experience, operational efficiency and team performance
- Be able to recognise and effectively manage project risk, hypothesis generation, data analysis, stakeholder management and ensure high quality delivery of outputs
- Deliver in a dynamic and time-sensitive programme environment, managing multiple tasks, requirements and stakeholders
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Partnering with the full Deloitte network to deliver our business
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Experience of delivering the integration or separation business design and value creation elements of a M&A transaction, either as an external consultant or in an in-house corporate strategy role
- An ability to think innovatively about solving complex business problems, leveraging emerging technologies, data analysis and design-led thinking to shape solutions and drive commercial and operational value
- Experience leading project teams and being responsible for delivering business critical outcomes in a time-pressured environment
- Knowledge of service design, customer journey mapping, process definition and process mapping, requirements gathering and prioritisation built through project work
- A high level of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and report writing skills, as well as broad consulting skills which should include interviewing, data analysis and facilitation of client workshops
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (principally within the UK)
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South EuropeThe UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at DeloitteCultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 177835
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.