Senior Director, Clinical Development Sciences Neurology
The Senior Director, Clinical Sciences will provide medical input to Global Program Teams (GPTs), serve as medical expert for the study team and medical monitor for phase 1-4 clinical trials.
The Senior Director is typically responsible for 1 or more medium sized clinical development programs under the supervision of either an Executive Director or a VP Clinical Development TA Head. In addition, she/he may also have responsibility for discrete, specific business development efforts (e.g., a due diligence on a specific target) and/or contribute to other programs.
This position offers substantial opportunities for scientific and commercial interactions and career advancement in the fast-moving area of rare disease.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Medical input to the Global Development Team / Subteam
- Medical Expert for clinical study team
- Protocol development from concept to final protocol
- Protocol execution including interaction with investigators, and contributing to data review, data analysis and clinical study report authoring
- Scientific interpretation of data from clinical studies
- May supervise other medical monitors on individual studies
- Strategic guidance to phase I/II/III development programs and oversight of global clinical trials/trial team (s) on assigned programs
- Working as part of a cross-functional team with colleagues representing, for example, biostatistics, data management, clinical pharmacology, commercial, regulatory and project management
- Presentation at academic congresses, investigator meetings and advisory meetings
- Development of medical content for regulatory document, and responses (including but not limited to NDAs/BLAs, sNDAs/SBLAs, briefing packages and common technical documents
- Providing medical/scientific input to evaluate potential business opportunities
- MD or equivalent; Board Certification preferred
- 5-10 years of clinical experience preferably within industry (minimum of 3 years of industry experience may be acceptable for outstanding candidates)
- Experience as a medical monitor for clinical trials required
- Regulatory experience preferred
- Publication in peer reviewed journals
- Excellent written / oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to think strategically
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities
- Interest and ability to learn about new therapeutic areas
- Interest in career progression and ability to take on a more senior roles in 1-3 years
- Experience for medical responsibilities on a cross-functional team preferred
- Basic statistical knowledge preferred
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.