Senior Director, Professional Services Americas
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren't easy goals to accomplish - but we're not here for easy. We're here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done. We're looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
What You'll Be a Part Of
This is a highly technical, hands-on team responsible for developing and maintaining expertise on Palo Alto Network products and solutions deployed within our customer's organizations. Our professional services engineers and resident engineers are our subject matter experts, responsible for working directly with client personnel and project teams.
This position manages a Professional Services (PS) Theater team with full Profit/Loss responsibility for PS delivery within the Palo Alto Networks Theater. The Theater Director will assume full responsibility for the PS team and provide leadership for consulting and resident engineering services for customers within North, Central, and South America.
The Director will advise, coach, and lead the professional services team on project delivery, solution development, deployment, and revenue generation responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be well versed in setting customer expectations, pacing internal and external teams to keep them on track, and motivating team members to do their best work.
The PS Theater Director is a critical position to the company and will be both tactical and strategic in duties. Building strong connections with customers, other Customer Services teams, and external partners to ensure customer's successful adoption of the Palo Alto Networks security platform.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Of This Position Include
- Build and grow the PS delivery team to support the organizational growth plans in alignment with customer demand.
- Engagement Delivery Leadership, which provides for relationship management with the customers, management of all projects through the project managers, implementation, and monitoring of project financials to ensure project efficiency.
- Practice Development - requires working with the Global Practice Leaders, taking ownership of all aspects of building and supporting the expansion of PS delivery practices within your theater. This includes helping make critical successful hires, mentoring staff, and making the contributions required to create a steady foundation for the continued development of the practice within the Americas.
- Utilization - drive efficient use of all delivery team resources, so that team utilization goals are attained while driving, customer satisfaction, and project revenue goals.
- Facilitate and participate in your team's involvement in the pre-sales process and statement of work preparation for extensive complex opportunities.
- Full responsibility for P & L of the Americas Professional Services delivery organization.
- Develop Services strategy and organize team efforts while meeting and exceeding organizational goals.
- Work closely with the sales team during the sales process to learn about specific customer needs and concerns that can be quickly addressed.
- Serve as a key Services Leader to customers and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Develop and evolve service improvements based on customer feedback.
- Help develop new strategies for growth based around Professional Services
- Works closely with Global and Theater Practice Leaders to help drive the expansion of PS opportunities within the new and existing customer base.
- Works with Resource Management and Project Management to staff projects and act as an escalation point for project staffing issues.
- Work with managers to develop career plans with goals and objectives so that each team member's career development can be documented, tracked, and supported.
- Engage with senior sales leadership to determine and align Practice activities, and sales engagement to prioritize sales programs and promotions, ensuring alignment is driven through the theater
- Work with the relevant Global Practice Leads & Engineering/Development teams to help integrate Professional Services into the New Product Introduction processes in product-scoping and field readiness phases.
What We're Looking For
- Experience managing geographically diverse teams with a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- 18-20 years of related professional services leadership experience.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to present at internal and external meetings and events regarding professional services.
- History of building trusting relationships with regional and theater-level PS delivery teams, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and service delivery Partners
- Work From Home supported (as needed)
- Frequent travel will be required (may include international)
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn't stop once they sign - it evolves.
We're trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity's status quo. It's simple: we can't accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.