Senior Engineer - Python
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Python
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President/ Vice President
You will be joining the DBSleuth Team within Regulatory and Cross Product Information Technology delivering Trader and Counterparty surveillance across all business sections of Deutsche Bank. We are an engineering focused organisation, striving for the highest quality architecture, design and code across our teams. You will help to build our surveillance systems, working in a fast-paced, agile environment. Our workload for new deliveries is high, using, React for User Interface development, Python/Spark/Scala for services, Hadoop Big Data and data science for anomaly detection using machine learning and statistical risk models.
What we’ll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide leadership within a delivery team, collaborating to understand requirements, create stories, design solutions, implement them and help test them
- Coordinate the design and develop excellent and understandable code
- Ensure that the software built at your direction is reliable and easy to support in production
- Help create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
- Taking accountability for successful delivery of a regulatory critical workstream
Your skills and experience
- Proven experience of gathering requirements, managing stakeholders and project managing delivery of business objectives
- Senior developer skills utilising Python fundamentals including: developing RESTful services using Flask or Django; utilising modern Python libraries, including PySpark, Pandas numpy, scikit-learn; use of container technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker; managing data on a Hadoop environment using Hadoop Distributed File System and Impala; SQL and relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL); practical experience of delivering good quality code within enterprise scale development (Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery)
- A background in designing and developing high-quality server side processing in Python. An approach of ensuring code is robust, easy to navigate and with reusable components
- Practical experience of Test Driven Development and constant refactoring in continuous integration environment
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- An opportunity to participate in a large community of passionate technologists
- The experience of contributing to innovation and transformation on a massive scale
About us and our teams
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.