Senior FOIA Analyst
TechOp Solutions is seeking a senior-level professional to join a team that provides Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act (PA) processing support to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Lead the Intake process - receiving, reviewing, and assigning new FOIA requests to be assigned to a processor.
* Accept emails that are proper FOIA requests, intra/interagency consultations, and referrals; Enter same into the FOIAXpress database for processing, document collection, review, and final responses to the requesters
* Review, analyze, conduct research, and prepare correspondence in response to Privacy Act and FOIA requests
* Ensure released materials do not contain information exempted under the applicable statutes or other non-releasable information.
* Prepare records for release, including the redaction of materials to be withheld.
* Formally acknowledge those requests that are overly broad and require more information; Close outstanding requests
* Monitor incoming postal mail and delivered requests and handle in the same manner as emailed requests
* Respond to email and telephone inquiries seeking status updates on outstanding requests
* Create and submit metrics and performance reports to the client
* Train/coach new associates on FOIA systems and processes
* Attend weekly review meetings with FOIA Team to discuss best practices with new and significant requests
* BA/BS from accredited college or university required
* 4 years' FOIA and/or Privacy Act experience
* FOIAXpress experience preferred
* Experience completing QA/QC reports/performance metrics preferred
* Ability to obtain a security clearance; current/active clearance preferred
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.