Senior Fraud Analyst
We Dream. We Design. We Deliver.
This is the place where you’ll be hands on. Where new ideas are welcomed and expected.
At every level – and in every role – we’re doers and builders. Not Managers and minders.
flexigroup (ASX-FXL) is one of Australasia’s most successful and enduring fintech organisations with a proud legacy of rewriting the playbook for digital spending. We help people buy everything, everywhere, every day. Our product ecosystem of buy now pay later, credit cards, and business financing products has been designed around the core needs of today's shoppers, retailers, and small and medium enterprises.
What's so exciting about this role?
This is a critical role within the Fraud Analytics team, who are responsible for protecting flexigroup and its customers from fraud by data analytics, optimising fraud systems and providing insights through timely reporting.
What Does An Average Day Look Like?
No day is average at flexigroup but here’s an idea of what you can expect to do in this role:
- Analyse fraud trends and implement detection strategies balancing fraud risk and customer friction
- Optimise existing detection strategies to ensure effectiveness and efficiency is maintained within expectations
- Engage with projects to provide requirements, assist with testing and change management activities
- Complete data analysis to assist in business decisions
- Develop accurate and clear reporting that supports effective oversight of fraud performance
- Work unsupervised and under challenging deadlines
- Prioritise workload and proactively call out delays
Who will thrive in this role?
You are customer obsessed and want to make a difference in their lives. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You are a visionary leader who will roll up your sleeves to get things done.
Fraud Analytics experience is a must! To thrive in this role, you will also bring:
- 3+ years' experience using data analytics tools such as SQL, SAS or R
- 3+ years' experience developing application and transactional fraud rules (Digital and card channels preferred)
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, statistics, computing, science, engineering or actuarial studies.
- Advanced verbal, written and numeracy skills
- Ability to document business requirements
- A demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders to resolve issues
- Data analysis and data insights
- Data visualisation skills (Power BI preferable)
Why become a “flexigroupie”?
flexigroup is in growth mode, and with that comes the unique opportunity to truly own and build your career journey with us. Here are the perks of becoming a “flexigroupie”
- We believe in our people and want them to succeed with an extensive range of online and face-to-face learning opportunities, including excellent leadership development programs
- We have a recognition scheme that’s dialled up to you, your colleagues and peers
- Flexibility - We know people have lives outside of work and balance is important
- Health and wellness programmes – flu jabs in winter, massages, yoga and meditation plus a dedicated Flexi Vibes committee focused on good vibes initiatives across all our locations
- Mental health and wellbeing are important to us. You will have access to EAP providers
- Paid Volunteer leave – we value our communities and want to give you the opportunity to give back
- Discounts at our Retail merchant network across NZ and AU
- Leave – 4 weeks annual leave with the opportunity to purchase additional leave during the year. Our parental leave is supportive of parents returning to the workforce.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.