Senior Industry Marketing Manager Public Sector, Tableau
When applying internally, please keep your search tailored and consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles at any given time to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
What youll be doing
We are looking for an experienced Industry Marketing Manager to drive the strategy for how we communicate the value of Tableau to the Public Sector segment. The Senior Industry Marketing Manager for Public Sector is a critical role on our Customer Strategy & Programs team, and a significant contributor to Tableaus industry growth efforts. This person will be responsible for delivering effective messaging and positioning, content, and marketing strategy that drive clarity and success in our go-to-market effort for this important segment. This is a key role that requires the right balance of strategic thinking with a strong roll-up your sleeves and 'get it done' mentality.
Some of the things youll be doing include
- Establish the overall industry strategy and deliver a focused business plan to further develop the Public Sector segment.
- Assess market landscape, trends and opportunities, and evaluate priorities within the industry to set the strategic focus.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Tableau platform, the customer needs, and primary drivers for Public Sector consideration.
- Manage overall messaging and positioning for our Public Sector customers.
- Develop detailed personas for this segment, capturing behaviors and sentiments.
- Collaborate with industry marketing counterparts in the creation and development of market facing programs and go to market efforts; serve as a primary content and subject matter expert.
- Create product and industry materials ranging from demos to web copy to presentations to whitepapers, and more.
- Be a strong voice representing our Public Sector customers across all conversations and projects.
- Work with our customer evidence team to identify champions and capture customer stories that demonstrate the value of Tableau.
- Work with our partners to help develop and bring partner solutions to market.
- Support the Tableau Sales team with demos, playbooks, presentations and audience knowledge. Works with the Sales Readiness team to educate and inform the sales teams on how to communicate the value of Tableau to this audience.
- Present to audiences at live meetings, webinars and at a variety of events and tradeshows.
Who you are
- Domain. Public Sector expertise and strong audience marketing skills: experience creating personas and messaging for various audience segments. Familiarity with enterprise software trends and buying patterns.
- Data-Driven. Curiosity for data and our customers. Understanding of basic analytical and statistical techniques. Ability to perform primary and secondary research. Tableau product knowledge is strongly desired.
- Customer obsessed. Deep understanding of our Public Sector customers, their pain points, and the context in which they work.
- Energy and Enthusiasm. Enthusiasm for a fast-growing, fast-changing environment. Strong entrepreneurial drive.
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills. The ability to create product demos that communicate the why of feature or product of assignment. Excellent writing ability, including the ability to communicate technical concepts. Strong storytelling and presentation skills. The ability to write clear and compelling copy for the website, the press and other outlets
- Experienced. 7+ years in an industry marketing, product marketing or product management role, or equivalent experience. Experience working with or within Public Sector strongly desirable.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.
will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with
Salesforce welcomes all.
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableaus intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Sales / Business Development
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.