Senior Java Software Engineer Bloomberg Query Language
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest
banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely,
accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving
markets. Enabling clients to access Bloomberg's data and perform custom
analytics, the Bloomberg Query Language(BQL) and Analytics platform is at the
forefront of innovation for our business.
Our team is responsible for developing a low latency Analytics Platform and
Screening Engine. We're also working to define and build a domain specific
query language, BQL. This will allow users to express complex analytics and
quantitative models for execution on the platform.
A core team of 40+ engineers is passionately working on multiple initiatives:
- Scaling the Big Data Analytics Platform and Screening through a hybrid of in-
memory and distributed computing paradigms.
- Providing Unified and consistent access to Bloomberg's rich data through a
common API and expression language.
- Developing a Metadata frame-work and engine to leverage the unified meta-
- Building a workload management framework for smart routing of client requests
to meet specific SLA requirements
We are looking for Software Engineers with strong Java skills to build out the
core Analytics and Screening platform that's critical to our success. That's
where you come in.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaboratively design and develop Java components consistent with standard
and project specific design principles, leveraging standard frameworks and
- Influence architectural decisions and build a performant execution engine
which will bring this platform into the future
- Be part of a highly motivated team of software engineers with a strong team
- Think about bigger picture, take calculated risks and come up with innovative
You'll need to have:
- Advanced Java coding skills (5+ years) with focus on Low Latency computing
- 5+ years experience with Design Patterns, Concurrent Programming
- 5+ years experience with IOC frameworks like Spring.
- Experience with Tuning high performance applications.
- Experience with Persistence Frameworks, AVRO/JSON and RESTful Services
- Experience with distributed computing
- Enterprise system engineering experience (Ability to build scalable systems
for large computes on big data)
- Experience working in fast paced Continuous Delivery projects
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Scala, Apache Spark and Apache Arrow
- Experience working in a Test Driven Development and Agile environment
If this sounds like you, apply! We'll be in touch if we think you're a match.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.