Senior Java/Node Engineer
To provide technical expertise, thought leadership and guidance across both application development and support of the Innovation team activities; to influence/introduce/refine processes and practices within the team and across teams, with the view to deliver rapid yet reliable solutions; to embrace DevOps ways of working; to deliver solutions for the business to agreed time and quality standards.
- Analysing, designing, and coding required solutions and providing support & accountability for these solutions and other applications as required
- The provision of strong technical expertise and leadership by building and sharing in-depth technical and domain knowledge
- The provision of robust design solutions that are of exceptional performance and quality
- To utilise lean processes, practices and standards and ensuring design solutions adhere to IAG’s security & compliance frameworks
- Managing expectations of stakeholders
- Coaching and mentoring of indirect staff
- Apache Kafka
- Source control, container, orchestration such as Git, Docker, Rancher
- Strong Unit Testing (TDD) and Automated Testing tools like Selenium
- Continuous delivery using Jenkins/Bamboo pipelines or similar
- Microservices, a RESTful approach using JSON, AWS Lambda, message queues and modern design patterns
- Node/Apollo/GraphQL desirable
- 4+ years Software Development Industry experience
- 2+ years Spring Boot experience
- 1+ years Apache Kafka experience
- Highly developed Analytical and problem-solving skills, solution orientated
- Ability to adapt to new technical skills and methodologies
- Exposure to Agile practices including lean design & development techniques
- Self-Starter, motivated and passionate team player
- Able to document and present technical solutions and architecture
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it’s not about labels, boxes or categories; It’s about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’! Applications close on Wednesday 19/08/2020 11:59pm AEDT
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
At IAG we strongly believe to achieve success we must create a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. IAG have committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on building a diverse culture by creating a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our website: https://www.iag.com.au/reconciliation.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.