Senior Manager, Capability
National Council of Social Service
National Council of Social Service
Research and Analysis, Social and Community Development
NCSS is a statutory board and an umbrella body for some 450 member social service organisations in Singapore. Our mission is to provide leadership and direction in enhancing the capabilities and capacity of our members, advocating for social service needs and strengthening strategic partnerships for an effective social service ecosystem. Since 1992, NCSS has taken over the functions of the former Singapore Council of Social Service (SCSS) and Community Chest of Singapore.
As we stay focused on our vision to nurture a compassionate society, grow an impactful sector and enabling the people we serve to lead dignified lives, we are guided by our core values of passion, impact, collaboration, and courage.
This position is responsible for the development of strategy, tools and processes for NCSS to provide effective technical assistance to social service agencies to improve performance of social services. Technical Assistance refers to various methods designed to improve the performance of social services. Technical assistance can include but limited to programme reviews, training, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and co-designing of programmes.
The scope of the job include the following:
Develop strategy for technical assistance
Develop the tools and processes for effective technical assistance to improve performance of design and delivery of social services
Technical assistance can include but limited to programme reviews, training, consulting, monitoring and evaluation
Lead or provide advice in technical assistance projects
Provide supervision to managers in technical assistance projects
1. People Management
- Able to form effective teams to achieve objectives of technical assistance projects.
- Supervise staff to achieve objectives of Capability Team.
2. Develop Technical Assistance expertise within NCSS
- Develop strategy, tools and processes for technical assistance. These would include but not limited to consulting process, tools for diagnosis and service improvement.
- Provide training and supervision to develop technical assistance capability among programme managers.
3. Oversee all technical assistance projects
- Provide technical guidance on all programme reviews and maintain oversight of projects.
- Execute technical assistance projects.
4. Work with stakeholders and community resources
- Develop strong partnership with stakeholders to achieve desired outcome of technical assistance.
- Mobilise community resources that can be deployed to help social service agencies improve service delivery.
- Promote the value of technical assistance to stakeholders.
- Knowledge in Social Work/ Social Sciences, Public Policy, and Sociology/ Psychology.
- At least 5 years work experience in social service sector, preferably with experience in consulting, programme development and improvement.
- Familiar with social service landscape and operation of social services in Singapore.
- Knowledge and experience in programme design and evaluation.
- Facilitation and Research skills preferred.
Advertised: 13 Jul 2020
Applications close: 27 Jul 2020
Back to search results Apply now
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.