Senior Manager, Credit Risk Management, Secured
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Develop and implement credit risk management within the group risk management framework to manage credit risks in secured lending portfolio
- Ensure consistent application and enforcement of credit policies, processes and controls in all markets.
- Anticipate changes in credit conditions, work with respective credit officers in markets to implement effective portfolio actions that mitigate potential risks
- Proactively manage the portfolio credit risk profile within agreed risk appetite.
- Provide insightful and robust analysis to facilitate credit policy and risk appetite discussions and decision making in the credit risk governance and management group meetings
- Develop risk capabilities and skills to meet ongoing business needs and plans
- Assist the chapter owner to maintain the retail banking credit risk policy and align with overall risk appetite
- Assist in supervision, implementation and enforcement of the credit policies and risk control procedures for consistent applications across markets
- Overview of global secured Mortgage & Auto portfolio and insightful analysis of the same
Credit Policy Management
- Maintain the Retail Banking Secured Lending Credit Risk Policy for Mortgages, Auto Lending to ensure it is aligned to the agreed risk appetite, reflects the key risk characteristics of the portfolio, and enables effective controls.
- Standardize group policies and processes where applicable to facilitate consistency across markets.
- Review of markets and continuously look at ensuring the optimum business growth
- Formulate risk appetites for the product / segment in joint sponsorship with the business.
- Partner with the business to deliver strategic aspirations whilst remaining within agreed risk appetite
- Monitor and review and control risk profiles (eg. risk concentration, RWA) to help portfolio shape is in line with strategy.
- Monitor external factors such as state of the economy, regulatory environment and other emerging risk trends.
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business and control function heads to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy and risk appetite
- Assist Process owner with the following processes
- Portfolio management M&A
- Collateral management, M&A,WM,BC
- Policy and Procedures, M&A, WM
- Regularly review audit reports /business risk maps and identify key risk trends or issues related to the Secured loans
- Review CAD, policy dispensations and program proposals for new and existing products submitted by business units/countries for approval, to ensure that all risk dynamics are properly addressed and controlled
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Chief Risk Officer, Retail Banking
- Global Head of Credit Risk Management, Secured & WL
- Global Head of Collections, Retail Banking
- Global Head, Operational Risk, Retail Banking and Products
- Global Head of Audit, Retail Banking
- Group Head, Compliance Retail Banking
- Group Legal, Retail Banking
- Secured CRM Heads
- Country Credit Retail Head
- Country Credit Risk Officer
- Chief Credit Officer - Retail (Regions)
- Retail Product Heads
- Industry contacts
- Vendor managers of key IP & services
Our Ideal Candidate
- At least 7 years of functional risk experience in the areas of Retail Banking. Expertise in Retail secured product/Retail Audit/ Business Banking/ areas of risk management related to financial market products is a plus;
- Appropriate academic training and/or experience in finance, business or accounting; Bachelor's university degree is a must and a post-graduate degree (MBA) is desired;
- Good knowledge and grasp of banking practice, financial markets, Basel III and all Retail Banking lending products at a higher level and awareness of the country regulatory frameworks globally;
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to make independent decisions with a strong sense of empowerment and leadership skills to command the respect of a cross functional set of professionals at senior level (internal and external) working in open ended situations;
- Proven leadership skills; Ability to motivate multi-country teams in changing & challenging situations;
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.