Senior Manager, Customer Success Operations
Senior Manager, Customer Success Operations
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Additional Location(s): Boston, Massachusetts
Save this jobRemove Saved Job
Sr. Manager – Customer Success Operations
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2019 revenues of nearly $9.0 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 30,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
At its best, VMware is a place, where we are valued for the complete people we are, where extraordinary progress is achieved for ourselves, our teams, our company, our customers, and our communities – and where even more progress is desired and expected. VMware is a powerful platform for all of who we are – individual, colleague, pioneer, citizen – a place where empowerment, accountability, and responsibility become the traits of ownership, and where each of us can own our future and achieve success through our own actions, on our terms.
At VMware, we are preparing for the transformation of VMware to an even more customer-centric, cloud-ready company, which has resulted in a newly created and unified Customer Experience and Success Team. This has been as a result of many months of talking to our customers, as well as studying best practices in the software industry. This new organization will help to take VMware to the next level of customer satisfaction and success. This newly formed group has brought together various key functions and roles that are crucial to our customer experience. This includes Global Services, Technical Support, Premier Support, Customer Success, Technical Account Management and Professional Services.
Our goal is to create an integrated and agile team that can deliver a best-in-class customer experience at scale, across our five solution areas. We lead with putting the customer at the center of everything we do. This new organization will be better positioned to transition to proactively and prescriptively guide our customers to value realization outcomes. We will do so through designed and reconciled winning customer experiences. Our teams will lead the way servicing our customers directly, and help scale partner resources to do the same. Furthermore, we expect this team, with laser-focused commitment to our customers, to help accelerate VMware’s evolution to a software-as-a-service company and significantly raise VMware’s Net-Promoter Score (NPS).
The Customer Success Operations mission is: Deliver the single source of truth for actionable customer intelligence along customer journeys through a consistent, repeatable and scalable customer success engine across VMware.
CS Operations Deliverables:
- Robust customer health score
- Consistent metrics: NPS, PSAT, CSAT
- Early warning system
- Actionable customer success management playbooks
- Impactful enablement for customers and partners
The Customer Success Operations lead is responsible for driving high-impact process and systems initiatives within our CXS organization. You will play a critical role in supporting the Director of Customer Success Systems & Platforms focused on building process and tools to measure and monitor customer health while using actionable insights to drive customer engagement and value realization throughout the customer lifecycle. Focus will be on designing new processes to improve customer satisfaction, employee productivity, and revenue growth. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, creative, out-of-the-box thinker, and process-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to deliver results. Success is defined by building and launching effective programs, process, and tools to improve operational alignment and drive customer success. This role is critical to supporting the long-term customer success strategy and business transformation across VMware. It is required that this candidate is highly skilled in business process management and has a deep working knowledge of the Gainsight platform.What is in it for you?
- You'll be a key member of the VMware team that has built a rare business environment -- one of energy, creativity, collegiality and collaboration
- You will join an atmosphere that is fun, casual and inviting. In keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial, start up.
- You will have the opportunity deliver impactful results to the Customer Experience team while building your skillset and experience
- Drive the Gainsight operational plans and readiness for various customer success transformation initiatives across VMware Customer Success
- Build, implement, and manage processes to track and monitor customer success
- Provide internal strategic consulting to drive innovation and operational excellence
- Coordinate with Customer Experience Management and Intelligence, Services, IT, Data and Transformation teams, as well as Business Units, to build and implement value touchpoints along the customer journey
- Help execute initiatives to drive revenue growth programs to drive up-sell, cross-sell, and renewals
- Build process to support both high touch and tech touch engagement models within Gainsight
- Keep big picture in mind to drive cross-company alignment ensuring organizational goals are met
- Formulate proposal to maximize data and customer engagement for internal teams
- Drive partnership with stakeholders across the business to build a unified customer success framework
- Work with broader Customer Operations teams to support priorities and evolution of Gainsight
- Provide regular and timely communication of program status and progress towards goals
- Define and manage program activities including, but not limited to: scope and priority setting, building business requirements, project plans, identifying interdependencies, risk mitigation, issue tracking, quality management, training and communication planning
Education, Experience & Training required:
- 5+ years of program management experience, preferably for B2B SaaS company
- Sales or Customer Success Operations experience with strong background in process design
- Admin Experience with Gainsight is required
- PMI, Six Sigma or equivalent certification preferred
- Deep empathy for stakeholders and customers
- Technically savvy in data analytics and data insights
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in driving large-scale, company-wide Change Management activities
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid process and analytical skills tied with creative thinking and sharp decision-making abilities
- Understanding of common business practices and customer engagement touch-points for customer-facing roles
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to say No! You’ll have to make tough calls to focus on most impactful work
- Proven success in defining and documenting efficient and scalable solutions
- Ability to analyze data and connect the dots, making recommendations to management and project members in a timely manner
- Drive PMO process to align with organizational goals using consistent program management processes and framework
- Experience in business operations optimization, including, but not limited to: common sales processes, account management, customer success management, billing, contracts, renewals, service terminations, commissions, analytics/dash-boarding, organization restructuring, best practices, etc.
- Ability to build consensus, create momentum, and work well cross-functionally with other departments and varying levels of management
- Proven success in building, analyzing, and monitoring KPI, financial data, and success measures
- Strong stakeholder management skills with focus on listening to stakeholder and customer needs
- Excellent, accurate, and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and principles
- Positive, customer-focused interpersonal skills and attitude
- Must be team oriented, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Significant personal initiative, high energy with a “can do” attitude and professional drive
- Exhibit and lead with strong change management skills
- Proven agility to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Experience with key tools: Gainsight, Tableau, and Salesforce
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Business Operations Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-07-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2009304
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.