Senior Manager, Global IST Operations, Global Medical Affairs
Job Locations US-CA-Palo Alto | US-PA-Philadelphia
Posted Date 20 hours ago(6/25/2020 1:07 PM)
Job ID 2020-5192
Category Research & Development
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Manager, Global IST Operations, Global Medical Affairs position will support the Global Medical Affairs leadership in coordinating activities essential to the timely execution and tracking of Global Medical Affairs projects. This position is responsible for process management of the Global Investigator Sponsored Trials (IST) Program and provide support to the US-based Individual Patient Expanded Access Program (EAP) led by Global Medical Affairs.
* Manage the operations of the Global IST program for assigned studies within the therapeutic area of Hematology/Oncology. This includes but is not limited to:
* Scheduling meetings and keeping track of the progress and outcomes of research grant requests and ongoing studies while continuously providing updates to stakeholders.
* Conducting fair market value analysis on budget requests and perform budget negotiations with the site.
* Requesting and tracking of contracts, invoices, and payments and ensure timely processing.
* Facilitating drug supply to study sites.
* Tracking study progress, patient enrollment and study publications
* Performing budget forecasting for the studies being managed.
* Maintaining continuous communications with MSLs, Medical Directors, and cross-functional team members to advance the workflow of IST.
* Identifying and implementing improvements to global IST process.
* Entering data into various databases and Excel to track progress of studies.
* Reporting on metrics associated with the execution of the IST program.
* Develop and review various metrics or reports pertaining to the global IST program.
* Provide support to the US-based Individual Patient EAP Program as needed
* Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and ensure continuous and consistent communication with key internal partners.
* Stay current on Jazz Pharmaceuticals SOPs and Medical Affairs best practices.
* From time to time assist with the execution of other Global Medical Affairs projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with some portion of that spent in Medical Affairs.
* First-hand experience in operations and resource management
* Experience in successfully coordinating across several complex functions to ensure comprehensive and consistent planning
* Excellent communication and time management skills
* Strong business judgment and acumen
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* High operational capabilities
* Ability to perform under pressure and deadlines
* Ability to work effectively within a team environment
* Experience managing project budgets and work plans
* Proficiency with IST-related database preferred
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
* Bachelor's Degree in related field. A Master's degree in business-related area is highly desirable.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.