Senior Manager HR
- Be the “voice of the employee” when working with stakeholders on HR solutions, always using a commercial lens
- Provide high quality and reliable advice to business leaders and support the delivery of HR initiatives effectively managing key stakeholder relationships
- Provide strategic advice and courageously challenge the status quo to obtain optimal overall leader and end user experience
Role Location: Sydney or Melbourne
Role Type: Fixed term for 6 months
Shift Schedule: Standard AU hours
As a Senior Manager HR, you will enable business leaders and employees by delivering and leading HR initiatives into ANZ’s Wealth Division. You will bring teams of experts together to help deliver HR initiatives. You will provide sound HR advice to the business, referencing ANZ’s agreements and policies and considering the context for the Wealth Division (which is currently being divested). For you to be successful in the role, you will partner with business leaders to understand their strategic priorities, the challenges and opportunities across their teams, and use this information to influence and help them provide the best environment for our employees to thrive.
Your key tasks would involve consulting to business leaders on employee performance, engagement and retention. A portion of your time will be spent on coaching, advising and challenging business leaders, within these areas mentioned. Further, you will bring experts together to help create and deliver initiatives to maintain and improve the performance and engagement of employees in the Wealth division.
Your accountabilities in the role are the following:
Identifying and driving strategic solutions (in the context of the Wealth Divestment):
- Partner with business stakeholders and sponsors to deliver key people initiatives to maintain the employee experience through the period of transition of the Wealth division
- Act as a product owner or squad member for squads formed around stream priorities, bringing relevant specialist HR and business knowledge
- Be the “voice of the business” when working with other HR colleagues on solutions
- Leverage specialist skill sets where required to deliver high quality and avoid duplication
- Face of ANZ-wide HR initiatives for our business leaders
- Influence business leaders based on understanding of commercial needs, as well as the relevant levers to effect change. Coach senior leaders to help them with their business, people leadership, stakeholder and career development priorities
- Provide strategic advice and courageously challenge the status quo in service of overall business and end user needs (ie. Partnering and advising over order taking and execution)
- Use data and insights to determine solutions to challenges with respect to people and performance
- Follow through to ensure employee experience initiatives are working, seek feedback and adjust course if required
- Determine how best to deliver and embed change into the Wealth Division, integrating stakeholder needs and continuously seeking feedback on effectiveness
- Provide high quality and reliable delivery of initiatives, effectively managing key stakeholder relationships
- Create an environment of Clarity, Safety and Trust; building a feedback driven culture within the team
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers.
LGBTI Jobs is Australia’s national job board dedicated to assisting Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Transexual graduates and jobseekers connect with organisations actively engaged in LGBTI inclusion initiatives.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.