Senior Manager / Manager / Assistant Manager (Laboratory Services & Health Support Services)
Ministry of Health
Ministry of Health
Healthcare, Policy Formulation, Sciences (e.g. life sciences, bio-technology etc.)
The Ministry of Health’s (MOH) vision is to champion a healthy nation with our people – to live well, live long and with peace of mind. As an open country constantly exposed to an interconnected world, Singapore faces complex issues in public healthcare. MOH constantly grapples with new challenges brought on by an increasingly globalised world, a rapidly ageing population and rising expectations. MOH’s responses to these challenges include preventing and managing the outbreak of diseases such as SARS and Influenza A (H1N1), designing a healthcare system that delivers care in an integrated and effective manner, growing the capacity and capabilities within the sector, and managing healthcare inflation.
As an MOH officer, you will be involved in formulating and implementing policies that guide Singapore’s healthcare ecosystem. You will work alongside a team with varied skills and backgrounds, but with the common goals of (i) promoting good health and reducing illnesses; (ii) ensuring that Singaporeans have access to good and affordable healthcare; and (iii) pursuing medical excellence. Your work will have far-reaching impact on the health and lives of Singaporeans.
You will play a key role in safeguarding patient safety and public interest through robust inspection, and investigation of licensed healthcare institutions and services. You will plan, coordinate and carry out the licensing inspections and audits of clinical, radiological laboratory, and specialised services, to ensure that these licensees comply with the prevailing regulatory requirements. With the upcoming implementation of the Healthcare Services Act, you will also be involved in the development and implementation of new inspection and audit frameworks and processes under the Act, and in the review of regulatory policies for the establishment, administration and enforcement of these new standards, and guidelines. You will also be involved in engaging and monitoring laboratories providing COVID-19 PCR testing.
- Education in science or health related fields will be preferred (e.g. Life sciences, Biomedical Science, Medical Laboratory Science)
- At least 2 years working experience in a healthcare setting e.g. hospitals, labs, or clinics, or in data governance
- Experience in inspection and audits is preferred
- Possesses integrity and honesty to uphold rules and regulations impartially
- Possesses good planning and analytical skills
- Meticulous, observant and good attention to detail
- Able to listen and communicate effectively with our stakeholders
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Able to think on your feet and work under pressure with minimal supervision and produce high quality work within timelines
- Able to front licensing inspections and audits with healthcare providers independently
- Possesses good analytical, and writing skills
- Professionalism (e.g. remain composed in the face of unreasonable behaviour or difficult personnel)
Advertised: 03 Aug 2020
Applications close: 16 Aug 2020
Back to search results Apply now
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.