Senior Manager Project Delivery
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
The role of Senior Manager Project Delivery sits within Strategy and Business Management in the Business Optimisation team which is accountable to deliver A&I strategic projects and initiatives, ensure oversight and management of the IPP investment portfolio, manage business process documents and identify and implement initiatives to improve productivity outcomes.
The Advice & Insurance (A&I) team is bound by its common commitment to provide products and services that add value and provide financial confidence for bank customers.
See yourself in our team
The Senior Manager Project Delivery will report to the EM, Business Optimization.
You will lead significant, highly visible projects on behalf of the A&I business. You will leverage your project management and leadership experience to collaborate across A&I to deliver projects on time with high quality outcomes.
Through delivery of these projects, you will have exposure to the A&I Senior Leadership Team influencing key decision-making in the delivery and management of projects.
As a leader, you will coach and develop your indirect project team, and play an active role in shaping the culture and professional development of the broader SBM team.
- Leading a team / virtual team of managers, SME's and analysts to deliver a portfolio of A&I and Group-wide projects across A&I
- Engaging with senior stakeholders and subject matter experts across the business to scope, design and deliver projects including but not limited to strategy, customer, productivity, people, technology (including digital) and risk
- Ensuring all projects are delivered in line with CBA and RBS project management processes, governance and frameworks
- Proactively identifying, mitigating and resolving risks and issues
- Managing project financials as required, including contribution to budgeting and monitoring and reporting on benefits realization
- Maintaining and managing key project relationships across the Group as required, including but not limited to Enterprise Services, Finance, HR, Risk, Change Management and RBS
- Implementing best practice frameworks and tools in line with industry and A&I, RBS and Group strategic direction
- Deliver A&I projects on time with high quality outcomes
The successful applicant will possess the following key skills and attributes;
- Experience leading multiple, complex projects successfully.
- Expertise in Project Management life-cycle methodology.
- Proficiency in structured problem solving and hypothesis-led thinking.
- Demonstrated experience in workload prioritization, adapting plans to respond to business needs, and working to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated sound judgement and decision making with respect to projects, people and business outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills for senior audiences.
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management and influencing, managing within all levels of organisation
- Project/Program Management qualifications (desirable)
- Agile certification (desirable)
If the Senior Manager Project Delivery role is of interest please hit apply now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 07/09/2020
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.