Senior Manager - Technology Strategy & Transformation - Banking - Japanese Clients - SG
Deloitte South East Asia
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
Work you’ll do
Deloitte’s Japanese client services group provides a wide range of professional and advisory services to over 1000 Japanese clients across the region, including some of the biggest trading houses and manufacturing companies in the world. Our specialist network enables us to direct our global resources locally to provide our Japanese clients with innovative resources and solutions wherever they conduct business.
While our banking and capital markets group brings together professionals with diverse experience to provide customized solutions for clients across all segments of the financial services industry. We serve our clients locally, while drawing upon the firm’s considerable global resources and industry expertise.
In this role, you will be exposed to cutting-edge technology in an environment focused on innovation and entrepreneurship through supporting our Japanese clients in the Technology Strategy & Transformation consulting practice. You will be part of teams that provide the bridge between business and technology, advising and delivering technology-enabled transformation to unlock business value.
You’ll work alongside our clients to help them transform their IT organisation, with reference to the following areas:
- IT Strategy Development: Assist clients develop a technology strategy and roadmap that aligns with and supports their key business priorities. Ensure that IT is able to act as a key enabler for business value.
- IT Sourcing: Allow clients to develop a sourcing strategy and delivery model to support the business needs at optimal cost. Assess different vendor capabilities and commercial propositions and develop recommendations for future state. Support clients through the sourcing and selection process, and transition to the new deliver model.
- IT Operating Models: Support a senior IT leadership team or business sponsor to develop an IT Operating Model, outlining the strategic aims of the organisation, and then defining the various components of the IT function, including roles, processes, controls and potentially tools.
- IT Assessments: Undertake IT maturity assessments, potentially across all elements of the IT function. Such an assignment would examine how business alignment, strategy, architecture, development and operations are currently being run, and seek to understand issues with capability, process and governance. The assignment would conclude with a set of recommendations and next steps.
- IT Architecture: Identifying and setting out the architectural components that provide a framework to facilitate the provision of technology and business solutions.
- IT Transformation: Shaping a major IT Transformation program for a client and running the Program Management Office of a major change program to deliver business and technology initiatives.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Establish a strong leadership brand by inspiring others through passion, integrity, and appreciation.
- Create opportunities to drive impact by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams.
- Apply deep knowledge of trends and activity to drive continuous improvement.
- Build lasting relationships across a diverse network.
- Translate and communicate broader strategy into a convincing team vision and goals, in order to align the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives.
- Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline by championing a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where team members feels supported, respected and engaged.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Tertiary qualification in a technology or business discipline.
- Currently enrolled in a MBA program or have obtained the qualification with a well ranked institution.
- Minimum 12 years of professional experience in business and technology transformation with exposure in both managing consulting firms and strategic corporate technology roles.
- Has strong knowledge of the technology landscape in Financial Services Industry (retail/commercial/investment banking).
Experience leading business model design and implementation, with exposure to one or more of the following areas:
- Digital product strategy and enablement
- Information and integration
- IT strategy blueprint
- Cloud strategy
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources.
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Sense of responsibility to self, team, and client.
- Proven experience effectively prioritising workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Drive, tenacity, client focused and results oriented.
- An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel (both locally and abroad) is a pre-requisite to fit to our short-term and long-term project assignment.
- Willingness to work outside of office base and most of all…
- Ability to be mindfully present and appreciate the humour of each moment
- Fluency in spoken and written Japanese.
- Exposure in supporting Japanese enterprise clients.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.