(Senior) Planner/Urban Designer/Architect/Landscape Architect (3-year contract)
SINGAPORE FOOD AGENCY
Planner/Urban Designer/Architect/Landscape Architect
Senior Planner/Urban Designer/Architect/Landscape Architect(3-year contract)
Purpose of Job
The world faces the threat of a global food shortage. Global food demand is projected to rise by 60% by 2050 with global population growth. On the other hand, climate change will reduce crop yields by up to 25% by 2050. There is no certainty that global food supply can keep up with global food demand. Meanwhile, the ongoing COVID-19 situation shows that even if global supply can keep up with global demand, it is possible for our overseas food supply to be disrupted.
How then, can we make the best use of our limited land and sea space to produce our own food?
We are looking for a dynamic team player with deep expertise in urban planning and passion for Singapore’s food security. You will master plan Singapore’s agriculture land and sea space to optimize local food production, maintain environmental sustainability, and create a vibrant working environment. You will undertake site analysis and urban design for our agriculture land and sea space. You will work closely with cutting-edge master planning, agri-tech, landscaping, environment and traffic consultants, as well as planning agencies such as URA, NParks, NEA, PUB and LTA.
In short, you will contribute to our food security mission by bringing our land-use and sea space-use plans into reality.Duties
- Develop long-term master plans for agriculture land and sea space, including transport, infrastructure, shared facilities, landscaping and amenities
- Integrate urban farms into our city
- Develop planning and urban design controls for our local farms
- Interact with planning agencies to jointly resolve planning issues
- Support high-level committees of senior decision-makers to develop and realise our master planning vision
- Relevant experience/knowledge in urban planning, urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, sustainable design, civil/environmental engineering, transport planning, building and real estate, geography or environmental studies
- Qualified Person (QP) registered with Singapore’s Board of Architects (BOA) OR Postgraduate qualifications in urban planning, urban design, architecture or landscape architecture will be an advantage.
- Planning experience in the Singapore context, including development control, of at least 4 years
- Knowledgeable in principles of design and construction
- Able to interpret architectural and construction technical drawings
- Proficient in architecture/planning/graphics software (e.g. BIM, Sketchup, CAD, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proficient in GIS
- Able to coordinate a Multi-Disciplinary Team and oversee project management
- Clear and concise writing skills
- Persuasive presentation skills
- A strong sense of initiative; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A team player who cares more about the greater good than seeking personal credit
- Passionate about urban planning and the food and agriculture sector
SFA HQ at JEM
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Job designation will commensurate with work experience.Requirements
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.