Senior Proposal Strategist
Burns & McDonnell
The Senior Proposal Strategist is responsible for leading development of the proposal plan; the Request For Proposal (RFP) release and the process including end game, and checkmate for assigned business development proposals to win work for the company. This position will lead proposal efforts in collaboration with business development and project management leadership to develop distinctive value propositions that enhance our clients' competitive positions within the Transportation and Water divisions as well as other industries when needed. The Senior Proposal Strategist will
- Lead develop of and present the proposal plan; draft storyboards, and a proposal/win strategy.
- Lead proposal team assignments and initial proposal management plan.
- Present at pink team review meeting and adjust proposal material in response to review and request.
- Recommend proposal solutions during the review of the go/no-go decision and the official proposal kickoff meeting.
- Lead and present proposal graphics and visuals.
- Review and manage post-submittal activities.
- Lead the interview practice sessions in the Checkmate phase.
- Lead proposal services per the Checkmate phase to close out.
- Support the development of metrics including change orders, safety, budget, schedule, diversity goals, and community involvement activities.
- Manage the closing of the project deliverables.
- Complete the submittal for industry awards (ACEC; ENR) local trade or national trade publications.
- Attend professional associations, conferences, and build professional network and trade shows.
- Collaborate and execute initiatives set by leadership
- Coordinate with Corporate Marketing on public outreach initiatives, marketing events, and community service
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum 9 years in marketing, business development, or sales with a professional services firm. Experience at an A/E firm preferred.
- APMP certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- Experience with the Shipley best practice model preferred.
- Superior technical writing abilities.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign strongly preferred.
Full-time Yes, 10 % of the Time
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a better place every day. When we take on some of the world’s toughest challenges, we’re putting the industry’s best thinking to work, striving to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee-owners. Our staff of more than 7,000 engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists, consultants and business professionals is constantly growing.
We have offices and projects across the U.S. and around the globe. We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our culture, powered by 100% employee ownership, plays a major role in getting us there. Each employee brings a high level of commitment to every project. Clients have shown their appreciation of this dedication, rewarding us with a 90% repeat business rate and decades-long partnerships. That’s pretty cool for a firm that started as a small engineering consulting shop back in 1898.
At Burns & McDonnell, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference while fulfilling your personal and professional ambitions. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny and shape the path your career travels. And with hundreds of service specialties, your career and development options are endless.
Are you ready to create amazing?
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.