Senior Rendering Engineer
Electronic Arts EA
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Frostbite Rendering team!
Frostbite is EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine that empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming! We achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to create amazing games.
Come join the Frostbite Rendering team to work directly on the Render Hardware Abstraction Layer of the Frostbite engine. We develop the rendering backends for current and future platforms. The team is currently split between Orlando and Vancouver. We work closely with our “customers”, Rendering Engineers, to ensure consistent performance and quality across our supported platforms. We hope you will join our team to push the rendering technology that drives the Frostbite Renderer forward and contribute to the success of some of the industry’s biggest titles.
- Develop and maintain cross-platform graphics hardware abstraction layer for the Frostbite Engine.
- Develop and maintain tools to ensure high quality experience for render engineers using Frostbite.
- Work closely with game team engineers and the Frostbite rendering team to enable/deliver new rendering features.
- Define and Drive low level performance profiling and optimization initiatives on multiple platforms.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
- Strong C++ knowledge with at least 6 years of professional programming experience in real-time rendering
- Experience working in rendering for multiple shipped titles on current-generation consoles (PS4, XB1, PC)
- Knowledgeable of modern cpu/gpu hardware architecture
- Significant experience using a low-level graphics API (DX11/12, Vulkan, console, etc)
- Significant experience with Graphics Debugging Tools (Pix, Renderdoc, console, etc)
- Deep understanding of memory management and multi-threading with related debugging and optimization experience
- Professional experience working on Device Drivers
- Professional experience developing graphics debugging tools / utilities / visualizers
- Ability to develop shaders in HLSL or GLSL
- Test-driven development experience
- Significant experience using source control systems (p4, git) in large code bases
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Attention to detail with respect to correctness and testability, Beyond what is normally expected of code that might ship in one game or in one studio
- A drive for continuous improve to development processes and productivity
- Humble, eager to learn more and thrives in a learning culture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.