Senior Research Development Manager
- Develop Research and Innovation programs for new products and services
- Assist Sydney Water to enhance its business operations and customer outcomes
- Parramatta location, close to public transport
At Sydney Water, we're passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities. We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Research and Innovation this role will deliver research and innovation activities that will enable Sydney Water to enhance its own operations and contribute to the commercialisation of new, industry-leading products and services.
This role has a strategic delivery focus, ensuring that directives for strategic and corporate plans are translated into business-level objectives for the Innovation and Product Development business, and leading research and innovation programs and projects to ensure agreed deliverables are achieved.
The role will involve building and maintaining strong external research and innovation networks and collaborations relevant to Sydney Water's business, including liaising closely with tertiary institutions, Government bodies, and other industry associations, This will include seeking external funding via State and Federal Government grant programs and industry partnerships.
Your duties will involve:
- Managing research and innovation program of works through delivery pipeline to contribute to enhancing business efficiency and commercialisation including new ways of working to meet our business and customer's needs
- Enhancing our innovation ecosystem to advance our new ways of working to be a leader in water services
- Developing innovation and development frameworks across Sydney Water to support the business development pipeline
You are an expert in research and innovation within the Utilities industry space, and you have prior experience managing and designing the implementation of new research initiatives across the project lifecycle. You have the ability to drive innovation within organisations to improve business performance and build an innovation culture.
Your prior experience should include:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant scientific and / or technical field, technology commercialisation, or other related field
- Significant experience in research management and implementation in a large corporate environment, including managing complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Demonstrated experience in people leadership, including mentorship and capability uplift to drive business change
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering programs of work in the Product Development space, preferably within the Utilities industry
- The ability to engage with a variety of key business stakeholders to advise of industry trends and innovation and how these might benefit Sydney Water.
Please see the position description for the role's full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact ***************@sydneywater.com.au
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who'll appreciate what you bring to the table. You'll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.