Senior Resource Planning Consultant
Country United States
Area of Interest Engineering
Type Full Time - Regular
Job ID 2020-3126
Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive engineering and design services for electric power generation and power delivery projects.
Our highly experienced engineering staff is dedicated solely to the energy business. We have the ability to take on the smallest tasks as well as the largest projects.
If you are interested in working in the energy business with an industry leader and for an outstanding group of clients, consider joining Sargent & Lundy.
Our Core Values
We are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
* Exercise uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all business
* Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
* Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
* Communicate openly and honestly
* Improve continuously
Perform production cost modeling using PROMOD and PLEXOS for various resource planning evaluations such as long-term capacity expansion, transmission planning, generation portfolio optimization, congestion & curtailment analysis for a diverse range of clients.
- Master's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other Engineering Discipline, or in Finance or Economics with relevant industry experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience with an emphasis in power generation, quantitative analyses, and detailed computational modeling
- Experience conducting the following:
- Production cost forecasts, which are to be utilized for strategic, financial, and operational studies
- Long-Term expansion planning scenarios, which are used to support the Integrated Resource Plans (IRPs)
- Forecast studies for capacity needs of the future under various scenarios, and formulate the most optimum portfolio of energy resources
- Stochastic analysis to analyze the risk of correlating resource availability and reliability to determine the most viable solution
- Knowledge of Linear Programming and Integer Programming
- Experience in Python or other scripting languages
- Proficiency with production cost modeling tools in performing planning, congestion, and other analyses associated with the economic dispatch of power systems (such as those performed using PROMOD, PLEXOS, or other similar software programs)
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.