Senior Software Engineer (Clearance Sponsorship)
Job Locations US-DC Metro Area
Job ID 2569
Category Information Technology
We're looking for game changers. People who love what they do and who they do it for. Providing consulting services in operational support, intelligence collection, reporting, and data governance, R2C is a leader in delivering solutions for high priority national security concerns. Are you ready for a change?
R2C is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support a client's technical requirements on a mission focused program within a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Washington Metropolitan Area. This is a unique and rare opportunity to start supporting a program and be sponsored for a TS/SCI w/ polygraph clearance.
We welcome the most challenging problems facing our national security and apply intellect, talent, and innovation to reach feasible and valuable solutions to each challenge. That means we expect our employees to bring their 'A game,' and you have the right to expect the same from the company that employs you. We want to hear your ideas. We want to hear your concerns. We want to make sure you have what you need to do the best you can on the job and grow in your career with us over time. Almost all companies say they have a culture of inclusiveness and that they value employee input, but R2C puts that statement to work every day. It's time for a change. Come and experience a company that actually cares.
Clearance Sponsorship Opportunity
* Design, develop, code, test, and debug complex software products on a brand-new system
* Perform data ingest/parsing, data ETL, data analytics, or modern frontend development
* Code in a variety of technologies
* Create robust scalable solutions
* Mentor junior software developers
* Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientist, analysts, project managers, and other engineers
* Analyze existing software applications and recommend new technologies.
* Work in an Agile team environment
* Minimum of 10 years of software engineering experience with data ingest, data analytics, web, and/or server applications
* Experience with Java, Python, and/or Frontend Development (Angular, React, or Vue)
* Experience with Elasticsearch (ELK), Relational SQL Databases (Postgres), or Hadoop systems
* Experience developing for Linux-based Production systems
* Experience designing, developing, testing, debugging, and deploying resilient and fault-tolerant software
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or similar discipline
* Two additional years of related applications/software programming experience in lieu of a degree
* 10+ years programming and software development experience
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must be clearable and willing to sit for a government polygraph
* Experience with system development in environments such as AWS, Azure, or OpenShift/Kubernetes
* Experience with microservices, container-centric architecture
* Experience breaking down large functionality requirements into more granular work units
* Experience mentoring and guiding a small team of junior developers
The Reports and Requirements Company, LLC (R2C) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Buchanan & Edwards, and provides consulting services in operational support, intelligence collection, reporting, and data governance. Located in Arlington, VA, R2C offers expertise on a variety of national security topics, with specific focus on operational support, technical operations, policies and management of large volumes of data, analysis of large amounts of data, & effective approaches to evaluating and sharing data, and innovative techniques for information collection. Our consultants develop and deliver training programs on subjects including cyber intelligence, data governance and information sharing protocols, intelligence collection, and reporting techniques. R2C has a mission first culture and boasts the benefits & perks of a small company with the resources, stability, and career mobility of a large corporation. R2C is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. R2C is an equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.