Senior Solar Engineer- Due Diligence
At UL, we know why we come to work.
UL Renewables is one of the world leaders in independent technical expertise for renewable energy projects, in particular wind, solar and energy storage. Contribute to a safer, more reliable and sustainable world. At UL, we work on it every day. We are more than 14,000 employees worldwide with this common goal - to make the world a safer, more reliable and sustainable place.
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is the world's leading organization specializing in product safety testing and certification. Founded in 1894, UL has earned a reputation as a world leader in the development, testing and certification of product safety standards, with more than 1400 safety standards that serve as the foundation for nearly 200 industries. The UL Mark is recognized worldwide and its reputation for helping manufacturers around the world design products that are safe for users remains unmatched.
In the renewable energy sector, UL has more than 35 years of experience and more than 500 experts worldwide. We are active throughout the entire life cycle of a project, from the upstream development phases to the analysis of the extension of the life span of the parks. Our technical consulting services help stakeholders plan, design, finance, build, invest, operate, maintain and manage renewable energy projects through a wide range of services such as measurement, production analysis, risk assessment, inspections, performance analysis and certification of materials, components, products and systems.
What do we offer you? Growth and success. Growth and development are in our DNA. We invite you to discover from day one our robust structure, our fast decision-making processes and our corporate culture that encourages success while being based on trust. Working in an international environment, being supported and inspired by colleagues and senior leaders, having access to UL University's various training programs are all assets we can bring to you.
Send us your application, we look forward to welcoming you to our team!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
- Manage high profile Independent Engineering and Technical Advisory projects for project financing, sales and acquisitions primarily for solar projects and portfolios (including wind).
- Perform site visits during construction and operation and perform monthly construction monitoring site visits to review progress against technical specifications, budget and milestone schedule. Compile and review site visit reports and monthly construction monitoring reports.
- Support and compile and complete IE and TA reports and summarize key results and conclusions. Ensure a quality of work that meets and exceeds client expectations. Integrate all review sections from UL and subconsultants’ multi-disciplinary team and ensure that UL technical and commercial analysis is consistent throughout sections.
- Support the prepare proposals detailing scope of work, team, budget and schedule for completion.
- Work with internal resources, associate project managers, project managers, as well as sub-consultants. Ensure project deliverables stay on time, on target, and on budget.
- Work with Lenders and Developers as the main client interface forUL. Attend client meetings with lenders and developers as needed.
- Represent UL at conferences and business development meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What makes you a great fit:
- Previous experience (5 years or above) in the solar PV industry, preferable on consultancy. Additional experience on solar PV Project development would be positively evaluated.
- Good understanding of solar technology with experience in the review of main PV related equipment (PV modules, inverters, trackers and other main equipment in the BOS of a solar PV Project).
- Good understanding on typical KPIs for solar PV and high level understanding of energy modelling for solar PV projects.
- Demonstrable experience handling utility scale solar PV Projects with experience on PV Project design, familiar with the review of typical contracts for solar PV projects including EPC, O&M, PPAs, Asset management Contracts and Credit Agreements.
- Experience defining and reviewing provisional acceptance and commissioning requirements for solar PV Projects.
- Experience on root cause analysis for solar PV Projects and familiar with review of SCADA and operational data for solar PV Projects.
- Candidates with previous experience participating on IEC committees for solar related topics or other standardization groups would be positively evaluated.
Location: This position will be located in Lyon, France.
Travel: Travel will be required up to 10-15% sporadically. Current driver's license required and capability to complete necessary travel, including to foreign countries.
Language: preferred native French speaker and fluent in English, written and oral.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.