Senior Solution Engineer, Healthcare-IL-IN
A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate and innovate, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.Job Description
Due to the tremendous success we have enjoyed, exciting opportunities exist within our Sales organization for technical sales Solution Engineers (SE). This position represents an opportunity to join our dynamic company and become an integral part of a talented team transforming the technology landscape.
The VMware Solution Engineer (SE) plays an important role in building and sustaining customer relationships, while driving the adoption of our solutions to achieve our revenue goals. The SE works very closely with sales to build long-term business relationships within assigned “named” accounts in the Healthcare Sector. The SE is a high-impact, highly visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts in the region.
Location: Home base office in the Chicago or Indianapolis area. 25-30% TravelResponsibilities
- The SE works hand-in-hand with the VMware Field Sales teams to develop and deliver customer solutions.
- The SE seeks to build deep, consultative relationships with their customer, effectively becoming a trusted adviser. The SE trusted advisor is ideally positioned to understand the customer's high-level business objectives, and match these to VMware solutions to satisfy the business and technical requirements.
- The SE is comfortable presenting VMware’s value proposition, technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to all levels at their customer including executives, technical management, and technical engineers.
- Everyone is responsible for pipeline growth. A great SE always seeks to identify new customer opportunity or demand for VMware solutions in their named accounts, as well as participate in demand generating events and activities. SEs track these opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Once an opportunity is identified, the SE plays a critical role in developing the opportunity and moving it towards closure. The primary activities the SE leads are to ensure that the proposed solution has been technically validated and that there are no technical barriers that would prevent the adoption of the solution. The SE works collaboratively with their Account Executive to develop business cases and value justifications to support world-class value propositions to your customer.
- SEs constantly seek to expand their technical expertise and knowledge of VMware technologies, industry direction and trends, and competitor’s solutions via enablement and internal training offerings
- As a group, SEs communicate and collaborate with their peers and colleagues on trends, product feedback, customer success, etc.
- We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality, comfortable working both independently and in a team setting.
- You have been in the information technology industry and possess relevant technical experience, with preference for technical sales or customer-facing consulting experience.
- Throughout your career you have gathered significant industry knowledge and experience in areas such as Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Storage (SDS), Hyper converged Infrastructure (HCI), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), or infrastructure security, but what really sets you apart is your expertise in enterprise applications, systems security, cloud or systems management, and business continuity.
- Your strong customer facing and relationship building skills, coupled with your listening and questions-based selling skills help you see the “big picture” and develop innovative solutions to your customer’s challenges.
- Your BA/BS degree or equivalent gives you the skills to continually learn
- You will be able to achieve a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) designation or similar technical certification.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-07-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.