Senior Solutions Specialist Office
Senior Solutions Specialist-Office 365
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Full - Time
Tier II - Credit Check
The Business Operations job family focuses on executing the business and operational strategies of S & R by interacting with internal stakeholders across all divisions. In addition, the group provides leadership and support for key System initiatives. Members of the Business Operations job family have broad knowledge of multiple disciplines and manage projects related to business and operational analytics and reporting, quality management and operational controls. Additionally, team members deliver products and services to create efficiencies and improve business processes.
The Senior Solutions Specialist-Office 365 (Sr. Business Operations Analyst) acts as a technical resource, business partner, and project manager for designated area of expertise. The Senior Solutions Engineer will serve as the subject matter expert for Office 365. The individual develops technology solutions using SharePoint/Office 365 suite and provides complex analysis to a broad spectrum of stakeholders to create efficiencies, and execute and improve business operations of the department. The individual identifies trends, performs research, gathers requirements, prepares written proposals and presents recommendations to department staff and management and develops solutions. The level of work is generally considered advanced and staff must be able to work under minimal supervision. This position has no direct reports.
- Develops and implements solutions and workflows using advanced functionality with Microsoft Products (i.e. SharePoint, PowerApps, Power Automation (Flow), Teams, Project, PowerBI, etc.)
- Convey the value of the Microsoft 365 platform including teamwork (SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams) by understanding business needs and translating those requirements into capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform.
- Participate in migrations and modernizations from on-premises to Microsoft Office 365.
- Analyzes business problems, identifies and articulates requirements to support system and process improvements and identifies alternative technical solutions.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves complex technical issues.
- Leads complex technical projects; independently develops project plans, timelines and milestones for complex projects
- Draws on professional experiences to develop, maintain, collect and distribute key materials such as project plans, tracking spreadsheets, metrics and/or documentation
- Oversees the development, analysis and implementation of new and existing solutions.
- Generates ideas for process improvement initiatives and participates in control activities that establish, maintain and validate standards for the functional area
- Draws on professional experiences and expertise to determine best practices and makes recommendations to improve current business practices; participates in efforts to make changes in business practices
- Prepares and presents both orally and in written form, conclusions and recommendations concerning complex matters to internal and external stakeholders
- Builds and maintains strategic work relationships and networks with both internal and external stakeholders, such as other Reserve Banks and the Board of Governors
- Serves as a mentor and/or coach; provides guidance, training and constructive feedback to all levels of staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Five plus years of direct work-related experience
- Office 365/SharePoint development experience is required
- Experience with SharePoint Migrations is highly preferred
- Experience gathering and documenting requirements
- Possesses a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products. Specifically SharePoint Online, web parts, Office 365, Power Apps, Power Automation (Flow), Teams, Project, PowerBI.
- Possesses the ability to understand risk focused supervision and processes
- Demonstrates Business Analyst skills such as advanced analytical and problem solving.
- Demonstrates independent and critical thinking and decision making abilities as well as have strong written and oral communication abilities
- Ability to provide guidance and constructive feedback to less experienced staff and peers
- Possesses strong teamwork skills and the ability to build and work collaboratively within and across work teams
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively lead a team without authority and to resolve moderately complex to complex issues
- Demonstrates the ability to manage time and projects effectively by adjusting quickly to new and different priorities
- Possesses general business acumen
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off, transit benefit, onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career
- Ability and willingness to travel
- This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo applicable background checks and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S.citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
- As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank's ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.