SENIOR SUBCONTRACTS MANAGER
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases
and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Senior Subcontracts Manager
Develop, negotiate, implement and maintain competitively advantageous sourcing
strategies, engineering and construction contract services arrangement to
enable world class execution for the construction of industrial gas plants. The
successful candidate will possess a bachelor s degree in, Engineering or
Construction area, with experience in managing construction, engineering and
EPC contracts. The incumbent must possess outstanding leadership and
influencing skills, along with strong business acumen, and excellent
organization and time management skills.
The High-Performance Global construction subcontracts sourcing team is
primarily responsible for all strategic sourcing activities for construction
for new plants built by Air Products worldwide. As such, Strategic Sourcing
Specialist are responsible for developing, negotiating, implementing and
maintaining competitively advantageous supply strategies and contract
arrangements to improve Air Products' competitiveness and enable world-class
This position is responsible for implementing new approaches and strategies to
improve our product offering and project execution costs in Americas region. To
effect this, the incumbent must develop an intimate knowledge of Air Products'
offering and related technologies.
He/she will be expected to understand and challenge technical specifications,
commercial practices, operating practices and business processes with a focus
on driving cost reduction initiatives. He/she will understand and promote
current best-in-class sourcing strategies and methodologies across the
industry. Strong sourcing, organizational, written, and negotiating skills are
The candidate must possess both excellent analytical and leadership skills. He/
she will need to have the knowledge, experience, and ability to employ the
appropriate influence strategies with engineering teams, sourcing teams, and
business stakeholders to meet established goals and objectives. Ability to
effectively communicate technical and non-technical information, across
cultures and organizations is a key success factor.
The individual will be expected to take ownership for preparing, modifying and
leading commercial negotiations of engineering, construction, EPC contracts.
Prior experience in awarding and managing EPC & construction contracts is a
must. Individual is expected to bring substantial expertise in managing risks
and function independently as a primary commercial advisor for proposal and
project execution teams.
The individual will be responsible for conducting sourcing events and managing
contracts for his/her area of responsibility. He/she will have full knowledge
of implementing The Air Products Way including all e-enabled technologies and
experience in SAP contracting process is preferred.
The individual will also, on an as-needed basis, provide additional execution
support with project execution or our operating plants and facilities around
Travel will be required for this position both short & long business trips of 1
or 2 weeks periodically throughout the year. Overall travel is expected to be
* Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence
* Work with Global Product teams (engineering, technology, commercial
Product Management), supported business and functional organization to
* Develop strategies and lead the commercial contracting negotiations for
construction subcontract categories aligning to project requirements.
* Identify and qualify EPC companies, engineering & construction
contractors meeting Air Products requirements
* Develop base intelligence strategies to ensure Air Products benefits from
latest supply offering
* Bring innovative solutions to maximize value proposition for products and
* Effectively utilize e-Sourcing tools (Ariba / Qlickview) to launch
inquiries and receive contractor quotations/proposals.
* Develop efficient bid tabulations and lead sourcing reviews with cross
* Develop and negotiate framework engineering agreements to support Air
Products competitive offering.
* Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and
business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
* Lead cross-functional teams involved in supplier discovery.
* Identify, develop and manage contractors; understand safety, commercial
and capacity risks.
* Manage relationships with suppliers and maintain interface at senior
level within their organizations.
* Act as an escalation point for contractor interface for project execution
issues when relevant
* Effectively participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
* Strong influencing, communication and facilitative skills, including
cross cultures and geographies,
* Ability to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals
* Ability to work cross functionally within Air Products
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal)
technical and non-technical information, internally and externally.
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent negotiation and contracting skills.
* Strong understanding of macro-economic factors
* Financial and Business acumen
* Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft office suite
(Excel, Word, PowerPoint, One Note) and collaborative tools.
* Good Knowledge of SAP and requisition to pay processes
* Bachelor of Engineering (preferably Mechanical / Civil) degree is plus.
Master of Business Administration degree is a plus.
* 15 years of work experience in an industrial environment.
* Thorough understanding of Air Products offering and markets.
* Thorough understanding of assigned categories and related market
* Thorough understanding and prior experience in contracts and contractual
* Excellent oral and written English proficiency is a must. Second language
is a plus.
To learn more, visit About Air Products .
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/
vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those
applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed
by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
SENIOR SUBCONTRACTS MANAGER
North America - Exempt
Type of Relocation Benefits Provided
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division
Equip Sales Plant Support & Global Capital Procurement
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.