Senior Supervisor - Minchinbury
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: NSW - Metro
At StarTrack, we’re focused on our people, on teamwork and on helping you to get the job done. And as Australia’s largest freight and logistics provider we know a thing or two about delivery.
This is a critical leadership role for driven individuals who have proven experience and success in leading a team. The role is responsible for leading a number of Team Leaders and freight handlers which requires an individual with the drive and desire to engage a skilful and experienced team of people, to achieve operational targets.
What it's like to work here:
For you, it means you'll do great work, learn from the best and develop a career within a robust and well-invested but empowering and creative environment. We all work hard – we're working on major challenges, after all – but we also recognise that you have a life outside of the office, so we provide flexible conditions that enable you to grow whilst enjoying genuine work life balance.
What does the role involve?
The Senior Supervisor is responsible for leading a team within the Minchinbury facility. This will involve providing clear direction, accountability and collaboration across teams in alignment with the business and offsite customer’s objectives. On a daily basis this role will see you:
• Lead support and compliance of the WHS management system to meet safety KPI’s and build a ‘mindfulness safety’ culture.
• Enable and deliver effective communications to employees (Toolbox talks, Team meetings)
• Assist in leading change initiatives and operational efficiency programs and ensure consistent, clear communication to support the change programs
• Manage team member and team performance to ensure achievement of business objectives, our ethics and minimum standards
• Select and induct new team members and coach existing team members for success
• Ensure compliance across the operation with accreditations/licences and road safety compliance (CoR) audits.
• Proactive leave management to ensure appropriate staffing levels, personal leave, overtime and leave liability levels
• Review and implement lean management principles including continuous improvement activities.
• Drive initiatives that are aligned to our engagement and people plans including embedding company values
What experience will you have?
We’re looking for candidates that have the demonstrated energy and drive to bring out the best in the people under their leadership and who have a passion for delighting customers. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. In addition to this, we would like the successful applicant to have:
• Experience and success in meeting Workplace Health and Safety standards
• Experience in managing and improving the performance of people and resolving conflicts
• Experience within transport/logistics or supply chain would be advantageous
• Experience in managing and measuring costs and service
• Proven success in team leadership and achievement of operational KPI’s
Whats in it for you:
We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace brings out the best in our people. We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, cultures and disabilities. A career at Australia Post Group can lead down many paths and we are passionate about offering a supportive, inclusive culture and competitive compensation
Advertised: 06 Aug 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 13 Aug 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.