Senior Sustainability Manager - Private Brands EU
Amazon EU SARL (UK Branch)
This position can be based in London, Luxembourg, Milan, Paris or Munich depending on preference.
At Amazon, we are committed to and invested in sustainability because it’s a win all around – it’s good for business, the planet, our customers, and our communities. We manage our social and environmental impacts globally, and we drive solutions that enable our customers and our business to become more sustainable.
The Amazon EU Private Brands EUR team is creating a pan European portfolio of consumables products and is looking for a business driven, entrepreneurial, experienced, and analytical Sustainability Program Manager. This position will focus on developing and managing the sustainability agenda (product, packaging, brand, communication, building and transferring knowledge) and key deliverables (certifications, product and packaging optimization).
The Sustainability Program Manager will be expected to handle both day-to-day matters (constantly thinking about how to invent and simplify to improve), but will also be expected to strategize on longer term, program-wide initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess attention to detail, excellent communication skills, the ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders and be a great team player and a balanced mixed between technical (certifications, packaging) and commercial (understanding customer needs and value drivers). The ability to work independently and deal with an ambiguous environment is a must.
· Act as the Sustainability team lead for implementing policies and goals goals related to sustainability at product (certification) and packaging (Compact by design), branding and communication.
· In close collaboration with the WW Sustainability team, develop policies and standards and work with business stakeholders to implement
· Identify and deliver innovative, sustainable and optimized packaging solutions and cost improvements (EHalo)
· Drive sustainable materials, reduction, retrieval, recycling, education and advocacy across the product portfolio.
· Develop training tools to drive awareness and implementation of Sustainability initiatives
· Develop process improvements for the full integration of Sustainability initiatives in roadmap and Commercialization process
· Create operational metrics, track and manage delivery timelines, and communicate program status to internal stakeholders
· Be a point of contact between Amazon and external groups and partners
· Identify/research innovation opportunities and write proposals/white papers
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· Proven experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Proven experience engaging and influencing stakeholders including senior executives
· 5+ experience at FMCG or retailer level driving sustainability or packaging initiatives related to sustainability
· Experienced at implementing sustainability programs within food or personal care, with technical knowledge on both product and packaging sustainability drivers
· Experience using knowledge about external groups and partners in the sustainability space
· Ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business teams
· Equally proficient in Word writing documents, as in Excel performing in-depth analysis
· Enthusiastic and passionate about food sustainability
· Customer obsessed problem solver who keeps the customer at the heart of decision making on sustainability topics
· Comfortable presenting executive level reports and analysis
· Interested in sustainability beyond traditional CSR programs
· Up to date with Packaging Sustainability Legislation.
· Self-starter who over-indexes on ownership and accountability
· Energized by opportunities to work on a global team
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.