Senior System Administrator VMWare Specialist
Job Description Senior System Administrator - VMWare Specialist
The Client has a requirement for one (1) Senior VMWare specialist (the
Resource ) who can work quickly, efficiently and accurately in a fast
paced environment. The successful candidate will join a team of diverse and
talented system administrators who build sophisticated, scalable and reliable
Your future duties and responsibilities
* The Senior VMWare specialist is responsible for overseeing the daily
operations and administration of the IT virtual infrastructure in a 24/
7 production environment.
* Experience with designing, building, and maintaining a high-available
* Strong understanding of ESXi, vCenter,VRA and VROPS, hyper-v and similar
* Strong understanding of shared storage technologies including SAN,NAS,
fiber channel, iSCSI, and NFS as it relates to the hypervisor.
* Strong understanding of network technologies as it relates to the
* Certification in virtual infrastructure technology an asset (vmware,
* Strong understanding of x86 based hardware
* Strong understanding of ESXi host security
* Ability to perform root cause analysis and act on results
* Ability to perform performance analysis to determine bottlenecks
* Ability to automate day-to-day tasks/activities using scripting
technologies (PowerCLI and Powershell)
* Knowledge in deploying and configuring Dell/Cisco UCS server hardware
(rackmount and blade technologies)
* Experience installing, configuring and managing VMWare virtual server
environments and Storage Area Networking devices.
* Knowledgeable administering Enterprise backup solution management and
* Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate in a team
* Effective planning and organizational skills; ability to complete
assignments and meet deadlines and work independently and in a team
* Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation including
policies/procedures and diagrams
* Demonstrated listening, verbal and written communication skills;
accurately prepare all types of business correspondence, design and
produce reports; ability to analyze and interpret job related business
periodicals and technical manuals and assist in the preparation of
* Ability to maintain highly confidential information; ability to multi-
task and effectively manage stress and pressure through changing
priorities calmly in all situations.
* Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills for
effective interaction with managers, employees, vendors, consultants and
others; ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and
discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with
* Sound understanding of datacenter operational processes coupled with
proven business and analytical skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects, while ensuring that commitments and
timetables are met
* Professional and diplomatic communication, verbal and written
* Ability to partner with internal stakeholders to design operational
* Goal oriented, forward thinker that can provide solutions for complex
* Monitor performance of systems and service agreements and provide
support, including on-call, shift and/or weekend work as required, to
ensure that ongoing service-delivery standards are met
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Technology related bachelor's degree (Computer Science preferred.)
* 5-10 years of senior level server administration experience in a large-
scale production environment.
* 3 years cloud administration experience in development and production
* Strong understanding of quality assurance methodologies, workflow, and
* Deep understanding of centralized (n-tier) and decentralized
(microservices) application models.
* Experience with deployment of configuration management and automation
* Expertise in building scalable, high performance development and
production infrastructure systems
* Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated issues with
little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of
* Proficient in scripting and programming languages.(asset)
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation
continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change supporting our
clients digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals.
As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our
company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals
benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business
services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to
providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with
provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable
accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process
and we will work with you to address your needs.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.