Senior Technical Specialist, EMS
Would you like to join a company that’s currently redefining the future of Australia? If so, come and join the nbn team, our people have a clear vision and a common goal, to transform Australia’s digital landscape. We’re committed to providing an environment within nbn that’s both diverse and inclusive, a place where all people can thrive. Where innovative minds create new ways for Australians to live, work and play.
An exciting opportunity has presented itself to join the Planning and Technology Capability Delivery team as a Senior Technical Specialist, EMS
A bit about your role
The purpose of the Senior Technical Specialist is to develop network capacity demand forecasts, Monitor network utilisation, plan network capacity, optimise network capacity, trigger and govern capacity upgrades to meet growing traffic demands ensuring capacity availability at the required time, cost and quality.
This role is also accountable for developing network optimisation designs to support capacity related network grooming and upgrade activities. The role will assist to ensure a fit for purpose EMS network delivering nbn’s KPIs to meet customer expectations as well as delivering continuous improvement and automation of the processes.
A bit about you
To be successful in this role, you will ideally meet the below criteria:
- At least 10-12 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry – with experience in EMS network performance and optimisation
- Experience in managing vendors to deliver to SLA and intervening if performance drops
- Experience in initiating, designing, and executing improvements to processes and systems in an IT or Telecommunications environment
- Experience in performance benchmarking and assessment of new capability on the network performance
- Experience of managing processes and applying business process excellence
- Core aggregation/ management/EMS network technical support
- Experienced in physical server administration and localised storage solutions
- EMS platform operation and network / service configuration of EMS solutions
- Hands on working knowledge with any of the following VmWare, OpenStack, Docker, Rancher, Ansible or Puppet
- Experience in at least two of the following EMS platforms: Nokia 5620 SAM, Nokia 5520 AMS, Kentrox Optima, Nokia 5530NA-C, Cisco Prime, Coriant TNMS Network Management, HFC DOMs
- Expert and administrative knowledge of Element Management Systems, application & database servers, geo-redundant clusters, Storage Area Networks
- Experience supporting and providing input into the development of network and service product capabilities
- Experience supporting and providing input into the development of OSS/BSS capabilities
- EMS/NMS Industry training or relevant industry certification (eg. CCNA, CCNP) is preferred
Life at nbn
Please note that this role is available as a 24 months maximum term contract.
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - empowering Australians to and redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team building a brighter future for the country.
In your personal career, you’ll benefit from technical training for professional development, leadership programs and access to the latest technology, as well as being led by a diverse executive team.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
We actively focus on our people having a fair go at reaching their career aspirations. We’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees, with a target of 33% of women in senior management by 2020. With initiatives like Women’s Leadership Programs, a commitment to equal pay, flexibility and market leading parental leave, we truly are paving the way for true equality in the workplace.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.Worker Type
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)Time Type
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.