Service Maintenance Technician I
Service Maintenance Technician I
About The Community Builders, Inc.
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of America's leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential
Under the direction of the Service Maintenance Manager, the Service Technician I is responsible for the completion of all the general maintenance tasks which help to preserve the property, and provides a quality living environment for the residents. This role has primary accountability for the overall cleanliness, physical appearance and presentation of the community, while maintaining a positive, productive relationship with the other team members and with residents, and adhering to TCB's Mission Statement, standard operating procedures, and compliance with all regulatory requirements. Ability to provide basic support to technicians in servicing boilers, light carpentry, apartment turnovers is needed. Some knowledge through a building trades training program is strongly preferred.
- Conducts property inspections to ensure that all maintenance or safety issues are documented and addressed;
- Completes basic work order requests in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Provides rudimentary preventive maintenance for all buildings' systems, equipment and components;
- Prepares vacant units to be market ready within company guidelines;
- Handles all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, and sewer cleanouts;
- Reports to Service Manager any problems and/or issues relating to safety or management of the property.
- Assists in maintaining the exterior of the property daily to provide clean and acceptable curb appeal at all times;
- Performs cleaning and maintenance of common spaces, hallways & stairwells, trash shoots, offices and grounds;
- Regularly replaces or repairs: windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, base boards, mirrors and closets, cabinets and countertops;
- Provides general plumbing repairs and replacement of fixtures, faucets, valves, garbage disposal and toilets;
- Provides general carpentry services related to painting, blinds, shades, wall outlets, caulk, grout, etc.
- Provides basic repair and replacement including HVAC filters and thermostats, electrical and appliances;
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Upkeep of community grounds, including snow removal;
- Available for weekend work, on-call rotation and emergency service call duties.
- Other duties that arise may be assigned.
- Assist other team members with projects as-needed.
- Completes special assignments at the direction of the Service Manager or Community Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Verbal and written communication skills required. Basic computer skills, including industry software a plus.
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a plus
- Excellent Customer Service skills required
- Bilingual Spanish/English verbal and written communication is strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and protective equipment.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the lights and ceiling fans.
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across sites.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or GED. 1+ years of maintenance, janitorial, landscape and/or handyman experience preferred.
Willingness to obtain trade certifications as needed. Knowledge of heating systems, (boilers) strongly preferred.
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in the workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Apply here!
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.