SG-Strategic Account Manager - P&O
There are 4,500 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
Strategic Account Manager
Location: Houston, TX
The purpose of the Strategic Account Manager is to provide account management services to a defined portfolio of large, high profile regional accounts - within the AVEVA T100 program. The primary goal of the role is to meet revenue objectives and maximize the use of AVEVA solutions and services within these accounts.
The Strategic Account Manager
• Is an independent, seasoned professional who has experience of working in a complex sales environment.
• Directs their account team to uncover and drive new revenue generation and is solely accountable for all commercial activity within the account from opportunity inception to contract closure.
• Maximises revenue growth and customer outcomes through a robust cross-portfolio sales strategy that executes the AVEVA Strategic Sales Plays within our top enterprise accounts, with a focus on delivering the most impact to our customers’ business.
• Identifies, pursues and develops C- Level client relationships and through these interactions deepens their understanding of their client’s digital initiatives and business drivers, which is then used to lead the internal focus that secures AVEVAs position as a strategic partner providing significant value to the customer through transformational sales initiatives.
• Meet and exceed revenue and order targets supporting the T100 and regional business.
• Prepare, maintain and execute a comprehensive T100 Account Business Plan, which outlines your strategic and tactical approaches for achieving your targets.
• Plan and organise all related sales activities starting from prospecting through to closing business in line with the Framework of ONE AVEVA.
• Comply with AVEVA’s Processes and Policies and other written and verbal communication from the management.
• Analyse your ongoing performance against your plan to develop monthly reporting including long term account strategies with both current and proposed activities, customer visits, revenue status, and revenue forecast.
• Maintain and develop the customer pipeline in accordance with the stage-gate forecasting protocols and maintain all activity within AVEVA’s CRM solution.
• Ensure sales documentation to support revenue booking are duly signed.
• Retain existing accounts and expanding solutions utilisation by developing long term relationships with Executives and key decision-makers.
• Mentor and coach other less experienced team members to develop their selling skills Champion Sales Enablement activities for specific solution areas partnering with Solution Strategy and Sales Excellence Teams.
Important Working Relationships:
In addition to maintaining strong working relationships with all Sales, Marketing, Solution Strategy and Consultants, the Strategic Account Manager will maintain a close working relationship with the Technical Pre & Post Sales organisation to ensure accurate communication of requirements and client expectations.
Skills & Qualifications:
• You will possess experience (a minimum of 15-years) in a sales, account management and/or business development role selling software solutions serving Plant Owner Operators, EPC’s and/or Design consultants.
• You must be passionate about the customer’s business and must be able to investigate and uncover their most important problems to solve, matching AVEVA’s solutions to them where appropriate.
• You will possess experience (at least 7 years) with IT solutions and the business processes associated with the industries served by AVEVA and likely to have worked for an IT solutions provider, EPC, Plant Owner Operator, or technology consultancy.
• You will preferably be degree qualified or have a professional qualification.
• You will be a self-starter, able to work to develop new and existing client engagements through the entire sales cycle.
• You will be skilled and experienced operating at a range of levels from end-user to senior decision-makers within our target customer base, aligning their business problems with our technology solutions.
• You will have sound commercial and analytical skills to help identify market trends and opportunities for your nominated territory, refining business and account plans to exploit such opportunities. You will be experienced in assessing commercial and legal risk and taking steps in negotiations to minimise/mitigate the same from our business undertakings.
• You will have strong client management skills and be a confident negotiator.
• You will have a positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities and then marshalling the resources to pursue and close the business.
• You will have strong communication skills in all forms – written, oral, email, presentation, and have strong English language skills.
• You will be personable, a strong team player and be able to conduct challenging business and commercial conversations with customers in a positive manner.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.