[#SGUnitedJobs] - Senior Manager / Manager, Registration [Regulation Division]
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Education (MOE). It will drive and coordinate the implementation of the national SkillsFuture movement, promote a culture and holistic system of lifelong learning through the pursuit of skills mastery, and strengthen the ecosystem of quality education and training in Singapore.
SSG will strengthen the adult training infrastructure by taking on all existing functions of the Committee for Private Education (CPE) and guide the Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) to enhance the capabilities and professionalism of adult educators. SSG will play a key role in the quality assurance for private education institutions and adult training centres. Together with educational institutions and training partners, SSG will ensure that students and working adults have access to high quality, industry-relevant training throughout life. SSG will also bring together synergies in continuing education and training (CET) and pre-employment training (PET), so skills requirements will continue to meet the demands of different sectors of the economy.
As an Inspector, you will carry out inspection of private education institutions (PEIs) and monitor their continued compliance with statutory and EduTrust requirements.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Performing scrutiny of documents and conducting on-site inpsection to ensure that PEI's facilities, personnel and other operations are in compliance with statutory requirements, to ensure that students' interests are protected
- Performing intelligence gathering and developing a good understanding of PEI's operations as PEI account holder to anticipate issues and provide input for the risk management of PEIs
- Conducting environment scans and understanding trends that may impact the ability of the Agency to regulate the sector effectively
- Reporting on the non-compliance of EduTrust requirements by EduTrust certified PEIs detected during the course of investigation
- Assisting in the legal prosecution of errant PEIs
- Tertiary qualifications
- Up to 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in performing risk profiling of organisations and data analysis would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to engage PEIs and other stakeholders
- Effective team player with good communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Driven, meticulous and able to work independently
- Possess a keen sense of observation and sharp investigative instincts
- Mature and steady, and able to deal with challenging situations with composure
- Candidates without the required qualifications but with relevant experience are welcome to apply
- This is a 2 year contract period
Advertised: 01 Aug 2020
Applications close: 28 Aug 2020
Back to search results Apply now
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.