#SGUnitedJobs Technical Support Consultant / Application Systems Consultant
Agency: State Courts
Job no.: 541634
Work type: Contract
Categories: InfoComm, Technology, New Media Communications
Technical Support Consultant
As a technical support consultant, you will collaborate with a team of technical services consultants and application services consultants to support the State Court’s IT operations to meet its resiliency, availability and data integrity needs.
The duties of an Technical Support Consultant may include the following:
- Support infrastructure architecture, resource planning, infrastructure performance and system hosting environment focusing on Hardware Infrastructure, Operating Systems, Virtualization, Storage and Backup in support of new and existing application systems at State Courts and other designated Government Hosting Environments.
- Point-of-contact to manage infrastructure services to support application systems environments by working closely with Applications Service Consultants on the infrastructure architecture design and integration.
- Point-of-contact to implement and support Video Conferencing for court and chambers hearings and remote meetings.
- Handle Infrastructure and Systems standard operating procedures and performs daily performance/availability monitoring.
- Have knowledge of Datacentre facility operations, principles & practices and should have experience in the management of Datacentre facility in areas including physical, cooling & power infrastructures, as well as security and system resource management
- Provide essential enterprise level end user computing services to State Courts.
- Propose new initiatives and enhancements that result in innovative use of desktop technologies to meet the needs of State Courts.
- Work with team leaders and outsourced service providers to plan, manage and deliver projects to upkeep, strengthen or create new desktop services to enhance service satisfaction and delivery.
- Monitor and maintain desktop services and to work with outsourced service providers to attend to issues, problems and request for changes.
Application Systems Consultant
As an Application Systems Consultant, you will be working with the Application Services Manager, Application Business Analysts, Solution Architect (where applicable) and the Technical Services Consultant, to help deliver business IT application systems for State Courts
The duties of an Application Systems Consultant may include the following:
- Assist in the conceptualisation, planning and design of proposed business IT application systems for use in Courts’ business environment. With the business users, candidate will actively define and analyse agency's requirements for implementation.
- Understand the IT management policies, quality management policies and IT security guidelines to ensure the development processes, procedures and system are designed to comply with these policies and guidelines.
- With the project team, candidate will help to evaluate and recommend effective IT solutions that best support agency's business needs.
- Ensure that projects are executed based on the stipulated project plan to meet identified project needs within agreed parameters of scope, cost and schedule. Candidate will identify project risks and the implication to the agency and to recommend and execute the mitigating measures.
- Plan and drive the business and technical requirements gathering sessions and contribute to the development of functional and design specifications.
- Review system testing scope and procedures (i.e. system test, integration test, user acceptance test and security test) to verify that users’ requirements are met.
- Effectively engage and manage vendors to drive smooth development, adoption and operation of IT solutions to ensure that services are delivered according to the specified service levels and requirements including systems maintenance, enhancements, problem resolution and improvements.
- Oversee daily smooth running of the identified business application systems to make sure minimal system downtime.
- Work with application system developers for technical trouble shooting and proposed remediation, as needed.
- Point-of-contact to support Video Conference for court and chambers hearings.
Work Experience and Competencies:
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience is preferred.
- For Technical Support Consultant:
Experience in deploying and managing enterprise level ICT infrastructure for application infrastructure services or end point services
- For Application Systems Consultant:
Experience in IT business analysis, application design, solutioning and system testing, and developing business application systems
- Good technical knowledge of application infrastructure technologies or end point technologies, with knowledge in supporting technologies such as network and servers
- Strong analytical, conceptualisation and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to pitch ideas and influence stakeholders
- Proactive and dedicated team player with strong organisation and people handling skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Adaptable and bold individual who dares to try new things
- A passion in developing and enhancing ICT capabilities for the agency
Note: The successful candidate will be appointed on a one-year contract.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.