Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer
Eleven-time Webby award-winning Freelancer.com is the world's largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace. We connect millions of employers to freelancers across the globe, and every day thousands of jobs are described, bid on, negotiated, and managed through our site. We think it is pretty cool that our dataset details a real life economy, where work is undertaken in every area you can think of. From design, writing, data entry and software development; through to sales, marketing, accounting and legal services - even NASA uses us!
This won't be your typical cog-in-the-machine type of job. You will be exposed to the fast pace of a rapidly growing global technology company. If you're a high achiever with talent, looking for something more than a boring job in corporate, want to work with the best and brightest, don't need to be hand held, and want to be in at ground zero with a company that has a shot at being one of the biggest sites on the internet then please contact us.
Freelancer.com has a vibrant and fun team atmosphere where you can enjoy many perks such as an amazing office, your choice of platform (Unix, Mac, Windows), social events, hackathons, poker tournaments, fully-stocked kitchens and free gym membership.
As a critical and trusted member of the Systems Engineering team, you'll be working side-by-side with software engineers to design and deliver mission critical services and systems. You'll be working with infrastructure and services at scale, utilizing wide variety of cutting edge technologies used to support our high-traffic real-time Freelancer.com marketplace and a range of other business products fully deployed in Amazon Web Services cloud and powered by Nginx, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Consul, Docker, and Kubernetes. It is our mission to build highly resilient, dynamically scaling, self-healing systems by automating and monitoring everything using Terraform, Puppet, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, and Jenkins.
- Strong understanding of operating systems, networking and systems architecture;
- Strong experience working with Linux, as well as database, web, and file servers at scale in production environments;
- Strong experience with any cloud, virtualization, and/or container services (AWS, GCP, Azure, VMware, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, AWS ECS)
- Experience working with any configuration management and infrastructure orchestration tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation or Terraform;
- Programming experience with any of Python, Go, PHP,Ruby, Node.js.
- Experience with incident response and security-focused mindset;
- University Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or related field) is preferred
This won't be a cog-in-the-machine type of job; you will be joining a global company that values attitude and capability over experience, so if you are looking to make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts, this is the place for you.
We are striving to shape the future of work, so help us scale to 100+ million users, while enjoying all the perks of working in tech - fun atmosphere, smart people, awesome office, fully-stocked kitchens (yes, free food!) , social events, hackathons, and more!
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.