Site Reliability Engineer - Finanicals (Remote) (Information Technology)
Description Who are we?
Kuali builds software solutions for higher education. We help our customers - colleges & universities - focus on providing a fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with users ready to be delighted.
As a company, we are guided by our cultural values :
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Act with accountability
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
- Make mistakes
We work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our bones, with a history of institutions working across state lines on open-source software for more than ten years. Our employees each work in the environment where they're happiest, from Pennsylvania to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and healthy remote work culture, and we travel to meet in person a few times each year.
Everyone should love their work.
Kuali has been voted a top place to work for 3 years in a row by the Salt Lake Tribune. We also made Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers for 2020. Not too shabby.
Your product team
You will work closely with product, design, and our customers on the Kuali Financials product. Customers use our Financials product to efficiently and effectively manage the complex accounting needs of higher education.
Requirements Who are you?
We're looking for curious, enthusiastic, empathetic engineers to solve problems, execute on ideas, advocate for the customer, and contribute to a team culture built on trust and mutual respect. As a site reliability engineer here, you'll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it. You will enable our customers to have a delightful experience using our software through active management of the system and its infrastructure as well as direct contributions to product development.
We build and support systems using both Java, React and Go. We believe that great developers can always learn new tools. Above any specific tech stack, we're looking for versatile developers - those who know when to think big and when to act small, and who are comfortable in both greenfield and refactoring projects.
We believe the best products are created by teams who represent a broad range of ideas and perspectives. We value employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Have 3+ years experience building software or web applications with object-oriented or functional programming languages.
- Have experience with infrastructure and AWS Services.
- Are willing to work on web application product development.
- Understand how to build solutions with an agile approach. You're excited to collaborate closely with Customer Support and Product Managers and use real-time feedback to solve problems iteratively.
- Are interested in using a test-heavy approach to solve problems and innovate (Test-Driven Development).
- Implementing/Automating requirements such as availability, performance, security, and maintainability
- One or more of these technologies: MySql, Python, Java, Go, React
- Incremental refactoring efforts
- The Higher Education community
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job done
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or training
- Space to work on self-driven projects during "hack time"
- Employee resource groups and community events
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.