Site Reliability Engineer - Managed Services
Do you want to be part of an innovative and highly collaborative environment? Are you looking for a role with ownership and the ability to work across many teams in one of the fastest growing organizations? At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are obsessed with helping customers revolutionize the way they build and run their applications, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. Our Managed Services Development team is tasked with building a service that will accelerate the adoption of AWS among enterprise customers and our Sydney team is looking for Site Reliability Engineers!
What you will do?
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will help build systems and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale. Your will have the unique opportunity participate and lead architecture workshops, working directly with technical teams from AWS enterprise customers and partners to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs for their application deployment. You will lead the implementation for mission critical tooling and abstract away complex workflows enabling our customers to safely operate the world's most scalable infrastructure.
• Lead the builds of Cloud Formation templates to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes.
• Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams.
• You will own the process for releasing production code to customer facing production environments.
• You will troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment running fleets of server instances interacting with multiple services across several AWS regions
• Mentor and advise the global team on matters of systems engineering and architecture best practices.
• Drive operational excellence.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
Why it matters:
Amazon's Managed Services Development team is building high-impact service management automation for access management systems, host security features (including enterprise-scale anti-virus), Active Directory, Windows Server builds, powered by a variety of AWS services including but not limited to EC2, CloudFormation, SWF, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, S3, ELB, RDS, DynamoDB, EBS and more!
Our goal is to become "The Infrastructure Platform" to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability, and challenge us to be better, faster and cheaper every day. Developers all over the world rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we look for innovative ways to build, automate and scale our network, and are responsible for providing significantly improved performance, reliability, control, and visibility for Amazon's global network. How cool is that?
Why you will love it
You will work with engineers across the company to build products for the next-generation networks. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will become a subject matter expert and configure and troubleshoot hardware load balancers and be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. Having ownership for the implementation of your work, you will be part of the development effort from conception through production. If you like working on the bleeding edge of cloud technology and contributing to the success of some of the world's biggest companies, look no further: you belong with us.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• Minimum 5 years' experience in either technical support or software development
• Computing fundamentals, including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Development experience with at least one object-oriented programming language (such as Java, Ruby, Python, C++/C#)
• Experience with running / troubleshooting Linux-based servers (any distro)
• Understanding of key networking concepts such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), OSI model, DNS
• Experience running and maintaining 24x7 production environments.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or a related field
• Hands on AWS experience with production workloads
• Some MS Windows experience or willingness to learn will be required
• Experience with Configuration Management Software such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Desired State Configuration
• Aspects of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography
• Strong Build Systems and processes knowledge
• Experience with DevOps tools, processes, and culture
• Bias for automation and orchestration of processes
• Understand how commodity servers, operating systems and network devices function, perform and scale
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.