Social Impact Strategist
Neimand Collaborative is a social impact strategy and marketing firm that helps its clients think, act, communicate and fundraise more effectively in order to have greater impact. We work at the intersection of policy, politics, popular support and philanthropy to help organizations affect change for good. We identify goals, conduct research, define brand relationships, develop sustainable philanthropic and marketing strategies, create motivational messages and implement them either in whole or with partners. Were a full-service firm because integrated strategies across both impact marketing and philanthropy drive effective nonprofit organizations. We work with clients to bolster a culture of collaboration between marketing and communications, program and fundraising staff to get there.
The Social Impact Strategist is a hybrid position for someone who understands strategic philanthropy and has an interest in communications and marketing or vice versa. You will provide valuable contributions on our team through direct client relationships, including leading project management, developing new proposals and working with team members to meet client needs with the highest-quality product. A successful candidate for this position is highly organized, deeply immersed in content, understands its strategic application and can work with others to move big ideas into fully-realized concepts and materials. Given that we support our clients with strategic philanthropy, communications and marketing, this position ensures exposure to the essential elements of successful social impact.
The Social Impact Strategist contributes to client projects and creates related deliverables by providing the following services as well as others, as requested:
* Relationship management across a range of clients, partners, subject matters and disciplines. Contributes to strong, trusting partnerships with clients; anticipates client and team needs during the planning, development and execution of projects. Demonstrates a clear understanding of a clients philanthropic or communication needs, content and account strategy while effectively supporting and managing team members efforts in delivering high-quality products. Professionally represents the firm, exercising discretion and confidentiality with both clients and donors.
* Provides strategic philanthropic support. Supports clients as they build and execute a successful philanthropic blueprint for their organizations to deliver on the promise of their missions and strengthen their long-term sustainability. Under the supervision of our VP of Strategic Philanthropy, this role provides counsel and thought leadership to clients regarding strategic philanthropic initiatives, including the development of philanthropy work plans, prospect research and tracking, donor database familiarity, gift processing, donor-centered communications, foundation, corporate, individual and major gift fundraising, donor stewardship and donor events.
* Leads brand and campaign strategy implementation. Works in collaboration with the strategic team to develop campaigns (philanthropic and communications) and independently leads project teams consisting of philanthropy consultants, graphic designers, market researchers, copywriters, web developers, videographers and media buyers. This includes leading stakeholder interviews, content development, reviewing existing research and content, summarizing and contributing preliminary strategic analysis that helps the team focus and move forward with creative and impactful solutions.
* Project management as a core responsibility. We consider project management an integral part of the creative process. Manages day-to-day activities with effective project management to ensure that client deliverables, budgets and timelines are met. Should expect to work across five to seven philanthropy or communications client accounts at any given time and to support team-wide project coordination on a weekly basis.
* Content development and strategic writing. Being a good writer is essential to success. Works with the team to develop and produce drafts of critical communications materials (presentations, positioning documents, research summaries, messaging materials, web copy and social media content) that will later be developed into final products with other members of the team.
* Ownership over quality control. Edits, proofreads, fact-checks and coordinates production of a variety of fundraising and communications materials. Ensures that all deliverables are accurate, clear and complete; ensures that they are correct regarding spelling, grammar and punctuation; and ensures that they maintain a consistent tone and voice aligned with relevant research and project-specific style.
* Business development. Neimand Collaborative believes that everyone plays a role in business development. As an ambassador for Neimand Collaborative, communicates when appropriate, both verbally and through written materials, the firms services and partnership opportunities. This position will help to develop and present high-quality proposals for client services.
The successful candidate will possess most of the following:
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Experienced in fundraising best practices, including but not limited to knowledge of CRM platforms, donor relationship management, capital campaign management, revenue channel tracking and budgets. Experience in-house in any philanthropy role is a plus.
* Proficient and reliable proofreading and editing skillset.
* Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work within tight deadlines, while maintaining a disciplined focus on program goals and measurable objectives.
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to solve complex problems.
* Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, partners and clients in a fast-paced environment.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with individuals and groups of varying sizes, as well as the ability to build and cultivate new client and partner relationships.
* Flexible and adaptable style.
* Appreciation for research-driven strategy and creative development.
* Self-starter that is comfortable working independently and collaboratively with a team.
* Command of Microsoft 365 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) in an all Mac environment.
* Availability for some evening and weekend work.
* Ability and willingness to work remotely and to travel if needed.
Education and Experience
* A bachelors degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
* Five to seven years of experience in philanthropy, communications, marketing, public affairs or related field, demonstrating an upward progression in responsibilities or relatable experience in consulting.
* A passion for social change, familiarity with nonprofit organizations, fundraising best practices and an understanding of the philanthropic climate a plus.
Temporary with opportunity to become permanent
A six-month temporary placement, with the opportunity to become permanent following a six-month review.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits (varies with temporary and permanent employment)
* Health, vision, dental and parental leave
* Short-term and long-term disability
* Group life insurance
* Vacation, sick, and holiday leave
* Mobile phone stipend
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.