Social Research Telephone Interviewers
- Your opportunity to contribute to social change and community development
- Casual hours of employment in a professional role that provides flexibility
- Work from home to start and then on-site shifts when COVID restrictions lift
- Pay rates above the industry award, with opportunities for advancement
- Fringe CBD location close to public transport and the Vic Market
The Social Research Centre is a leading industry service provider in the social research space conducting telephone surveys with people across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a casual role that provides insights into the attitudes, opinions and wellbeing of the Australian public.
We have several vacant positions within our interviewing team for those motivated and ready to contribute to quality data collection within a phone-based environment. Our casual interviewers have the opportunity to work evening and weekend shifts, depending on project requirements.
What you'll be doing:
- Calling members of the community to gain their interest and encourage participation in our research
- Conducting quantitative research surveys on a range of topics and issues including National Health, Community Attitudes, Immigration and Graduate Satisfaction
- Conversing with diverse groups in the community about challenging and sensitive issues
- A desire to work in a professional role that contributes to the wellbeing of Australian people
- Strong communication skills
- Resilience when navigating challenging and emotional situations
- The willingness to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards of performance
- An opportunity to join a renowned market leader in the Social Research Industry
- A supportive, development-focused culture with ongoing mentorship
- Access to exciting internal opportunities for career progression
- MUST be available to work REMOTELY 3 weekday evenings (4:30 - 8:30pm) and 1 weekend day shift (11:00am - 5:00pm) each week - this is a position requirement
- Depending on project requirements, our interviewers might occasionally be expected to work more than 20 hours per week across weekdays and weekends, including earlier start-times for mandatory briefings.
- Must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold valid Australian working rights.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions this role will begin as a remote work from home interviewing role and as restrictions are lifted the role will transition to an on-site role in our North Melbourne office. Given this role will require you to work from home you must have a computer that meets specific technical requirements. Please note training will still be held on-site however will be carried out meeting all social distancing requirements.
A successful applicant must meet the following minimum technical requirements:
- 4GB RAM
- Current and updated anti-virus software
- Internet connection: a reliable broadband internet connection that doesn't drop out regularly (a connection of 0.5 mpbs upload would be ideal)
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 PC
Computer/Phone Sound compatibility
- A successful applicant will need a sound-capable computer (can connect a headset with microphone using USB or audio jack) and preferably have a headset that works with your phone
Smart Phone requirements:
- Will need to be able to install the app 'Microsoft Authenticator'
For more information please contact Ben at **********@srcentre.com.au using the subject line: Social Research Telephone Interviewer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies, thank you.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.