Software Applications Developer
Assists the team in the design, development and maintenance of Insurance
Company's Line-of-Business Software Applications. Works closely with Software
Engineers and Architects in the development of system components.
* Gathers and documents, understands and articulates functional, non-
functional and business requirements that are already defined.
* Assists with and demonstrated a growing proficiency in the design and
development of simple software applications, model data relationships.
* Learns and uses company's software applications and infrastructure
* Uses programming & technical skills in various languages and products
currently used by the company as specified for the position to develop of
Hibernate, Tibco (AMX, BW, BE), Webservices, Subversion, Jenkins,
Oracle11g, SQL, iPlanet and/or JBOSS webserver and markup languages such
as HTML, CSS, XML, JSON.
* Learns to write unit tests and performs integration testing to ensure
high application quality to meet business requirements.
* Develops an understanding of various deployment methods, tools and writes
scripts and/or procedures to ensure efficient processes.
* Becomes familiar with company systems, databases and networking. Develops
an understanding of the interoperability of IT assets with custom
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a
related area of study.
* 2+ years of experience in a position performing software development.
* Must have the ability to learn Object Oriented Concepts and the concepts
of a Software Development Life Cycle.
* Comfortable in various tools and frameworks used by Infinity specified
for the position such as Eclipse, Struts, JSF, Grails, Foundations.
* Understands the process of new application development and has the
ability to apply these concepts with minimal mentoring and supervision.
* Must have the ability to learn to provide support & maintenance for
simple to complex software applications.
* Must be able to develop insurance knowledge in topics such as Policies,
Agents, Claims, Products, Marketing, Sales, Revenues and Payments.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.